Garage
Discount Tire- service/ performance

Discount Tire
Store #: 11
Mgr: Walker Nelson
Asst Mgr: Eric Jasek
Tele: (512) 321-1429

Time to put this out there:

This store is EXCELLENT! The service at this location is top-notch. These guys continue to impress me every time that I take a vehicle there.. no matter how busy ( and they seem to ALWAYS be busy), they are seemingly very dedicated to their customers. If I were to do a quick run-down, I would say that everyone there is:

Friendly
Efficient
Knowledgeable
Professional
Thorough

I've purchased 4-5 sets of tires there over the past several years, and these guys are consistent too. They take all the time in the world to help you with your tire choice and they are dedicated to service long after the sale... road hazard protection or not.

*Gonna throw out just one of many examples of my satisfaction.

Was there last week to rotate some 37" MTR's. They were stacked up with customers as it was Monday around noon. I didn't really have time to wait very long... not their fault at all, as they were only asking me to wait about 45 mins to an hour... but I was in a big-time hurry and decided to give 'em some breathing room... politely suggesting that I just bring my Jeep back another day. Long story short.. they wouldn't hear of it! They worked even harder and faster to get my Jeep in... in about 20-25 mins! Within the hour I was back on the road!

What more can I say? 100% satisfied customer here.

Keep up the good job at this location!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here.
Hey... Thank YOU!

Gonna add a few things here too-

Nope.. I don't have any friends or family that work there lol.

From talking with a lot of these employees over the years... seems that most these guys make their way to the Bastrop store from Austin... so I bet the Discount Tire facilities in Austin are pretty good too... just an assumption.

No matter who either leaves Discount or gets transferred to another store ( as I know often happens)... it really seems as though nothing is lost... the attention to the customer is always consistent.

We have more and more JK's around Bastrop/ Austin all the time...and subsequently more folks on JKO that may be in need of tires and wheels. With the consistency that this store has shown, I am more than happy to suggest that anyone needing wheels, tires, service, etc... stop by this location and give these guys a shot.

It's pretty easy to take the time to vent on the internet about bad experiences, but it's often so typical to allow the positive stories to be overlooked. With all that these guys have done for me over the years, it's about time that I take a few minutes to show my appreciation.

Thanks again- Keep up the good service!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

Almost every set of tires I've purchased have been from Discount Tire, going back to my first set 1987. Other than one "I told you so" moment, I've haven't had any negative issues to deal with.

Chuck
2009 JK Unlimited X, mostly stock with a K&N filter.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Rock God

glad to hear there are some good discount tire shops out there. the ones in my local area are in stark contrast to the ones you deal with. i wont do business with them at all anymore.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Wheeler

I have nothing but praise for the one in ocala, fl too! I really, really wish they had one in PA now that I live up here. I still but from them though and just have them shipped for free and get them mounted locally. Still miss the free balance and rotation though.

Mine: 07 Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. RC 2.5" spacer lift. 35x12.50 mtr/k's mounted on 15x8" black mb72 wheels. Riddler diffs covers, PSC evap skid. Sleeved, gusseted and skidded front axle.

Hers: 05 WK limited 4.7, Midnight blue pearlcoat.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bullitt View Post
Almost every set of tires I've purchased have been from Discount Tire, going back to my first set 1987. Other than one "I told you so" moment, I've haven't had any negative issues to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajkrubi View Post
I have nothing but praise for the one in ocala, fl too! I really, really wish they had one in PA now that I live up here. I still but from them though and just have them shipped for free and get them mounted locally. Still miss the free balance and rotation though.
We appreciate your continued support guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon.l View Post
glad to hear there are some good discount tire shops out there. the ones in my local area are in stark contrast to the ones you deal with. i wont do business with them at all anymore.
Sorry to see you had some bad experiences with your local stores. Hopefully we'll be able to earn your business back in the future. Our number one goal is our customers complete satisfaction. Whenever we fall short of this we want to know about.

If anyone ever has any issues with a product or service from us we suggest speaking with the store manager directly.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #8 of 8 Old 07-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
If anyone ever has any issues with a product or service from us we suggest speaking with the store manager directly.
on my last vehicle to get anything done properly i had to speak directly with the store manager. i will say he was awesome to deal with but it was unrealistic to have to deal with a manager every time i went into the store. it was unfortunate that the rest of the guys behind the counter were dim-whits that didnt know how to help me and the tire techs couldnt care less about scratching wheels. incompetence runs amuck in the port arthur texas location.

im glad others have good experiences with different branches though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode