Goodyear Duratrac vs Kelly Safari TSR - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Goodyear Duratrac vs Kelly Safari TSR

I know there are a ton of threads comparing tires out there but I saw some of these Kelly tires the other day and they looked pretty good. Is Kelly made by Goodyear? I noticed that they are sold at Goodyear shops. They have a similar look to the Duratracs and although it isn't available in all the same sizes the pricing seems pretty good compared to the Duratrac.

Does anyone have feedback on longevity, loudness, ride characteristics etc of the Kelly Safari? Compared to Duratrac would be great but I doubt anyone has run both tires back to back on the same vehicle.

If I go with the Duratracs I will probably downsize to a 15" wheel but the Kellys aren't available over 31" in a 15" wheel size. I am looking for 33" tires at this time.

Current pricing puts the 285/70/17 Duratrac around $290/tire and the Safari about $226. The 33/12.5/15 Duratrac I've seen under $200/tire so even if I buy wheels its not a bad deal.

Here are the Kelly sizes:

http://kellytires.com/cfmx/web/kelly...fm?product=316

and the Duratrac:

http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have Kelly Safari TSR tires in 315/75R16, 35ís, and I really like them. They are made by Goodyear, as are the Fierce Attitude. IMO the Kellyís are a near clone of the Duratrac, no tradeoffs when going with either. I find the Kellyís harder to find now and the price increased from when I bought my 35ís. I got mine for $197 per tire!

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #3 of 3 Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Wheeler

[QUOTE=Espo78;1208790]Is Kelly made by Goodyear?

Goodyear owns Kelly and Dunlop. As far as the Fierce tires, I've owned a set for over a year now and I have been happy with them. The trails I try to stay on are more rock than mud and they seem to handle it very well when I'm aired down to around 15 lbs. I think the tread pattern looks like a Duratrac, just more aggressive. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode