Hey guys - I'm getting ready to make the leap into the world of Jeep ownership and have a few questions on tires & wheels that I hope you guys can help with. I'm planning on a '13 Unlimited Rubicon with a 3.5" AEV Lift. (So far, it appears the '13s will be identical to the '12s)
I think I'd like to run 33s on some 18" rims.
1) What offset do I need on the wheels? I've never shopped for aftermarket wheels before, so I'm lost here.
2) I assume I want to buy 5 wheel/tire sets to account for my spare, right? Or should I look for a cheap wheel with the same dimensions/bolt pattern to use as the spare, since I (hopefully) won't be running it very often.
3) I really like the Fuel D532 - "Hostage Black Machined" Wheels - will I run into any fitment issues?
4) Tire recommendations - I've read through a bunch on the forums and am leaning towards the Cooper STTs. It sounds like they offer a good mix of highway and off-road. I plan on hitting the trails with my JK as much as possible, but let's face it, the majority of my miles will be on the highway since it will be my daily driver. Are there any other recommendations that you guys have that will offer decent tread life (is 35-45K out of the question?!), semi-quiet ride on the highway, good performance off road, and decent looks with out having to apply for a 2nd mortgage??
5) Any shops - online or chains/stores around Austin, TX that you guys recommend?
Thanks for any advice (& for hopefully taking it easy on a Noob)!! I'm sure I'll only have about 3,491 more questions...