Tires, help me spend some money! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Tires, help me spend some money!

Ok so I think that I have narrowed down my tire choices. I chose these after reading reviews for open country a/ts where people were stating that they had horrible tread life and that was the only a/t i was really interested in. Im trying buy the quietest of these tires that will give me the best tread life with tread life being more important. As of now my choices are DC Mud Country, KM2, MTR/k, and Cooper STT. Im just looking for some more input cause im nervous about spending that much $$ for something I dont have alot of experience with. Before everyone screams nitto toyo nitto toyo, none of thier tires im interested in come in 35x12.50x15 so theyre out. Also I prefer to be able to run top down on the highway without becoming fully deaf Thanks guys and gals

HELP ME!!!! :BEER:

US Army Firefighters!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Granite Guru

IF you change your mind on the 15s I would highly recommend the Hankook DynaPro MT. They're actually really quiet...really, really quiet, for a mud terrain and they ride really good. Pricing is way competitive too.

For what you're looking at I don't think you can beat the Cooper. Good pricing, pretty quiet, good tread life...just a great pick.

Lord, give me patience. I'm afraid that if you give me strength I'll need bail money too.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Well -

The BFGs are back ordered right now.

The Dick Cepeks make some noise every time I've seen them on a rig - but I like noise.

The MTRs are a great tire if you're putting them on alloy wheels. They aren't as friendly on steel wheels from my experience.

The Cooper is a great choice and they are very similar to a Toyo in regard to behavior on the road and low road noise. However, there have been a few people saying that they chunked really badly in rocks recently. I didn't have any issues with them when I ran them on TJs.

The MTRs would be my choice. They are going to be true to size and will wear very well IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Well -

The BFGs are back ordered right now.

The Dick Cepeks make some noise every time I've seen them on a rig - but I like noise.

The MTRs are a great tire if you're putting them on alloy wheels. They aren't as friendly on steel wheels from my experience.

The Cooper is a great choice and they are very similar to a Toyo in regard to behavior on the road and low road noise. However, there have been a few people saying that they chunked really badly in rocks recently. I didn't have any issues with them when I ran them on TJs.

The MTRs would be my choice. They are going to be true to size and will wear very well IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM.

Marcus
Thanks Marcus! Im jst doing some more research becasue nobody likes an almost $1000 gamble, I love how the mtr/k's look and most things ive heard about them. The only bad thing ive heard is some odd wear occasionally but in your opinion is it crazy for me to think i can get 35-40k miles out of them If I keep and eye on them and take of them?

US Army Firefighters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode