MTR K question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

MTR K question

I had been really interested in these in 37s when I last bought tires. I went with the pitbull rockers and am very happy. So now that this latest batch is out, are they any better as far as balancing? There were numerous nightmare stories about balancing issues. Just curious if goodyear has worked out the issues with this latest run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

UPS just dropped mine off today. I'll let you know on Monday or Tuesday as to the balancing issue.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

I put mine on in September and they were good till about 8k miles, from there they started to get out of balance and got progressively worse.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 AM
JKO Addict!

The MTRs suck on the road. Period. Maybe some
Have had luck with em, but the majority of people, myself included, have not been pleased with them. There are so many other good options available why bother with the MTRs w K. My opinion. I know once these 35s where out I will not be buying these again. Ill probably go back to the KM2s or Nitto's

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #5 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Rock God

eh...I love mine on and off road, never a balance issue, although looks like I'll be lucky to get 30k i ride them hard, often improperly inflated and infrequenlty rotated. Maybe the issues are with larger sets, mine are weeny 285s after all
post #6 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

My Mud Grapplers were the smoothest tire I've run on the highway, also the loudest, but still smoothest, with no weights. I agree the MTRs suck on the highway. Ive had them in 35s, and they sucked, but it seemed everyone had issues with the 35s and not 37s, so I tried them, and they are only marginally better. Anyone wanna trade 37" MTR Kevlars for 37" mud grapplers?

Semper Fi
post #7 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Rock God

not to hijack but how do you like the nittos in rocks and in terms of hydroplaning. I find the mtrs excellent in this regard and I think we wheel the same areas......
post #8 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
not to hijack but how do you like the nittos in rocks and in terms of hydroplaning. I find the mtrs excellent in this regard and I think we wheel the same areas......
The Nittos were better in deep snow, better in rocks, better in mud, and I never once had hydro planing issues. I ran them for 35k miles or so. They had more siping than the MTRs do.

Semper Fi
post #9 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

The nice think about the MTR Ks is their low weight. I run Pitbull Rockers and love them. The MTRs also seem to be very hit and miss. Some folks love them and have no issues. Some cannot balance them and have really a bad ride. My hope was that the issues were worked out with the newer runs of the tires.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgall View Post
The nice think about the MTR Ks is their low weight. I run Pitbull Rockers and love them. The MTRs also seem to be very hit and miss. Some folks love them and have no issues. Some cannot balance them and have really a bad ride. My hope was that the issues were worked out with the newer runs of the tires.
The low weight is a plus. I went from 18" spyderlocks and 35" mud grapplers, to 17" Racelines and 35" MTR K's, to 37" MTR K's and the 37" on Racelines is a good bit lighter, and I'm getting better fuel economy on 37".

Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode