JKOwners Forum banner

17x9 wheels with 4.75 backspace

59K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  98 Sahara 
#1 ·
I am looking at some pro comp 7036 for my 2012 Rubicon. The size is 17x9 w/4.75 BS. Does anyone have these wheels with stock tires and how is the stance? Any suggestions??? Bring on the input!!!! Stock height

#4 ·
A 9" wheel is IMO a little too wide for stock width tire (255/70R17 ~10"width), a 285/70R17 tire would be better and should have no interference issues with that wheel, above that you may get interference to the flares at full flex.
With a 9" - 4.75" BS wheel you should be able to go up to 315/70R17 (~35X12.5") tire with slight rear pinch seam trim, flare trim and/or little bit of lift and bump stop increase.

#5 · (Edited)
Panamon creel is dead on with his post. 17x9 is a little wide for the stock 255's but these would be great for a 285/70R17 or even larger if you are planning on lifting it. With a 4.75 backspace, a 2.5" lift/level and a little work a 35" tire is very doable.

If you think you'll want to run a 37" tire or a tire wider than 12.5" sometime down the road, that's when I would recommend looking for a wheel with less backspace.

Here's a similar wheel design with a 4.5" backspace: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-127&pc=69956&counter=1&wd=17&rw=9

#6 ·
Yeah, I looked at those wheels too but didnt like them near as much. I pulled the trigger on those Pro Comps. So now I need to know what tire I should roll with. I dont have a lift and tires in my budget. Trying to explain this to the wife should be fun....

#14 ·
Wheel and tires installed!!!!

Well got the wheels and tires installed today. Want to give a big shout out to the guys at Discount Tire in Lake Havasu City,AZ for hooking it up! They did a great job and for a pretty decent price. I think it looks pretty good. Still stock height and no other mods really. I may just go broke....

Attachments

#18 ·
Just for future reference on this thread I'll post a couple of pictures for reference:

These are Black Rhino Imperials with 37" MTR/Ks on them. 17 x 9 with 4.75" (SCRATCH THAT! 4.5") back spacing:

Same wheels with 1.5" Spidertrax Spacers:

I added the spacers because the tires were rubbing on my adjustable lower control arms when turned to full lock.

Marcus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.