35's on 2011 Rubicon w/ 2.5'' lift? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-25-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

35's on 2011 Rubicon w/ 2.5'' lift?

I've had my 2011 unlimited rubicon for almost a year now and want to upgrade the stock tires and wheels. I got it with a 2.5 mopar lift installed by the dealer. I want to go up to 35's, maybe 35x12.5R15 goodyear wrangler mr/t w/ kevlar, but not set on anything yet. I know its a different wheel size than stock, but like most, I'm on a budget...again still looking, not set on one. Will 35's rub too much off road with the 2.5 lift?...right now its primarily used for daily driving with an occasional weekend off road trip...any advice would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Rock God

Depends on how much actual lift ya got out of the 2.5" lift, im not familiar with that specific lift but you shouldnt have a problem. How much flexing do you do offroad, and are your fenders stock, aftermarket, or cut? Most people are fine with that setup, but if that lift offers a lot flex expect to hit your fenders if they are stock. As far as tires look into availability of the MTR/Ks before you get your heart set on them. I had a hell of a time finding them in that size and eventually went with dick cepek crushers.

Here is my setup with a rock trawler 2.5" stock mod lift with 35/12.5/15 crushers on black rock lobos wheels, and chopped front flares.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
post #3 of 10 Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Granite Guru

Ditto on jeepersheart's comments on the MT/R's availability.

As far as whether or not 35s will fit on your 2.5" lift, assuming the lift kit included some extended bumpstops that are at least 2" tall, you should be just fine.

Jason West -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 JKUR HardRock, Granite Crystal, RE/Synergy 3.5", 37s, the new project
'09 JKUR, RE 3.5", 37" MT/R-Ks, Expedition One bumpers, TNT Customs armor. SOLD.
'95 XJ lifted and locked on 35s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Rock God

Im actually surprised there hasn't been more input here. Ba e you decided which way your gonna go?

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #5 of 10 Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how much flex I get right off, and the fenders are stock. As for the tires, yea, I've already been shot down a few times so keeping my options open. I'm deployed now so not in a rush, just trying to figure out that to do when I get back. Thanks again and I'll let you know what I end up doing.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks for your service VMIcoastie09! I see you have just a few post, so keep checking in on this forum and ask a lot of questions. The users here rock! Seeing how you're deployed that gives you time to make good decisions; I'm working on my second JK build and I'm not in a hurry ... gotta get it right (at a good price).

Be safe.

2015 JKU Copper-Brown Rubicon (aka: No Name Yet)
24-yrs Air Force Retired
post #7 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Wheeler

with 2.5 lift

no lift

i am running 35x12.5-15
post #8 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Wheeler

a more up close look
post #9 of 10 Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 AM
Granite Guru

What tires are those?

Sent by Steve Lovell

Steve Lovell

It is a JEEP THING!!!!
post #10 of 10 Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Wheeler

surprisingly they are kumho road venture m/ts im preety proud of them so far. ive usually run maxxis creepy crawler, or irok but i was on a budget. im impressed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode