15" MB TKO fits! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

15" MB TKO fits!

Check it out. There's more and more 15" wheels available for the Jk but so far many of them are pretty common when it comes to style. Those of you that are looking for a completely different style the MB TKO is now available.

15x8 -19mm offset 33x12.50R15 Duratrac

(This picture is a 17" sample)

Link to price and availability: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=TKO&typ=Truck

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 02-09-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Uhhhhh, is there any other center cap for those wheels or what do they look like with out them? Those star ones suck!
post #3 of 18 Old 02-09-2012, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

The cap pictured is the only option.

We do not have any pictures with the caps off but I'll see if I can get a couple.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Granite Guru

I was about to say the same thing. The wheels are not too ghetto looking, but those center caps have to go.

2012 Dozer JKU Sport
ACE rock rails
3/4" Daystar spacers/extra OE spacers up front
Airaid MXP intake kit
33x12.50 GY Duratracs on MB 72s
post #5 of 18 Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Here are a few shots with the cap off.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #6 of 18 Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Rock God

Not bad, I agree on the center caps. I feel way too many wheels have too large a cap it takes away from the look.

But it looks as if you could do some flat plastic/steel and just attach it right to the threaded wells. Should look better.
post #7 of 18 Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks for the pics DTD, way better minus that cap!

post #8 of 18 Old 02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have used 15" wheels since 07 and have been very happy with the price of 35's and the offroad traction aired down. Discount Tire gave me a great price on BFG 35x12.5x15!
post #9 of 18 Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

I just found out from the manufacturer that the MB Chaos cap (pictured below) will mount up on the TKO. Please note that the cap shown in the OP comes with the wheel but if you would like the Chaos cap in addition to the full face closed cap that come with the TKO, we have them available for only $12.00 per cap.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #10 of 18 Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Wheeler

quick question- I want to put the 15" TKO's on my 07jk rubi, with 35 bfg's, since tires are 100 bucks cheaper a pair vs the 17" rim. What is the difference in street handling between the two rim sizes? is cutting out that 2" of extra rubber worth 500 bucks?
post #11 of 18 Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7Dac View Post
quick question- I want to put the 15" TKO's on my 07jk rubi, with 35 bfg's, since tires are 100 bucks cheaper a pair vs the 17" rim. What is the difference in street handling between the two rim sizes? is cutting out that 2" of extra rubber worth 500 bucks?
The sidewall height difference between the two sizes is one inch so the average driver won't really notice a difference in handling between the 35x12.50-15 and 35x12.50-17 tire sizes. Another nice benefit to running a 15" combination besides price is the total savings on weight.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #12 of 18 Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 AM

question for discount tire

I have an '07 unlimited x 4wd. My aftermarket wheels are 15x8 with a -30mm offset. I'm going to need new tires. I'd like to bump up to a 35x12.50x15 in size, but don't know if it will clear.

Could you please tell me if that tire size will clear on my vehicle without lifting or modifying it. I can't lift it, as I have small kids that need to be able to get in unattended.

If that tire size won't work, what's the max tire that will.

Thanks in advance for your answer, all of your help on this site, and the discounts/deals you offer.

JB
post #13 of 18 Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorspapa View Post
I have an '07 unlimited x 4wd. My aftermarket wheels are 15x8 with a -30mm offset. I'm going to need new tires. I'd like to bump up to a 35x12.50x15 in size, but don't know if it will clear.

Could you please tell me if that tire size will clear on my vehicle without lifting or modifying it. I can't lift it, as I have small kids that need to be able to get in unattended.

If that tire size won't work, what's the max tire that will.

Thanks in advance for your answer, all of your help on this site, and the discounts/deals you offer.

JB
To clear 35's you would either needs a 2.5" lift or flat fenders with modifications to the stock rock rails.

33" is the tallest you can clear without a lift or modifications. A popular size is 33x12.50-15.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #14 of 18 Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Wheeler

Hi, I'm ready to pull the trigger this weekend, do you guys have any discounts/deals for the 15” MB TKO’s, 5xChaos caps and 5x 35” BFG MK2 mudders. Also I would need the black lugs with atleast one locking nuts per wheel… Also I will be running this with a 2.5 rock krawler lift, is the back spacing enough on these rims or do I need to get spacers?
post #15 of 18 Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7Dac View Post
Hi, I'm ready to pull the trigger this weekend, do you guys have any discounts/deals for the 15” MB TKO’s, 5xChaos caps and 5x 35” BFG MK2 mudders. Also I would need the black lugs with atleast one locking nuts per wheel… Also I will be running this with a 2.5 rock krawler lift, is the back spacing enough on these rims or do I need to get spacers?
Right now through us mail order we are offering an instant $50.00 discount with the purchase of a new set of Chaos 5 wheels. We also mount, balance, and ship all wheel and tire packages for FREE. On top of that we give all JKO members here $50.00 OFF their total with the purchase of 5 tires. If you prefer to purchase through your local Discount Tire I suggest contacting them directly to see what they can do for you. Our local stores are very good about matching on-line delivered prices.

The backspace on the 15x8 Chaos 5 is 3.75" so no spacers required

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Last edited by Discount Tire; 07-13-2012 at 04:56 PM.
post #16 of 18 Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Wheeler

Any pictures of these with 37x12.5xR15 Pitbulls?
post #17 of 18 Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDriller View Post
Any pictures of these with 37x12.5xR15 Pitbulls?
Not that we've seen.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #18 of 18 Old 11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Wheeler

i really need to get around to posting pictures of these... i have had them for a few months now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode