BFG K02 P275 70R 17 is a great upgrade! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-08-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

BFG K02 P275 70R 17 is a great upgrade!

My P255 75R 17 Goodyear tires on my 2016 Sport S were starting to slip on the trails. I figured it's time for an upgrade! The postings here have been very useful in making my selection.
I went with BFG KO2 P275 70R 17. They fit well, even the spare. The spare is slightly overweight so I'm going to get the reinforcement plates. I tested the tires out in the Freetown Forest. They are AWESOME! No more slip. WOW.. these tires grab.

Last edited by jerryn; 06-08-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-09-2019, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
My P255 75R 17 Goodyear tires on my 2016 Sport S were starting to slip on the trails. I figured it's time for an upgrade! The postings here have been very useful in making my selection.
I went with BFG KO2 P275 70R 17. They fit well, even the spare. The spare is slightly overweight so I'm going to get the reinforcement plates. I tested the tires out in the Freetown Forest. They are AWESOME! No more slip. WOW.. these tires grab.
yes,sir
Those tires never cease to have that impression upon buyers , especially someone such as yourself - when coming from the factory tires- ,arriving at the KO2 will drop your jaw . They cost that much because they are pretty much the best ,all do-it-all well* tire you can get.
I still consider the KO2 to be the best tire I've ever run & I've run many tires.
I don't use em on any of my Jeeps presently ( I do have KOs on my '94 YJ), but I just installed the e-rated BFG KO2s in 34" size on my wife's truck / my tow rig Ram. It was also on factory Badyear radial tires & it's a night n day difference towing the jku now.

If you thought they were impressive at your Forest Service trails , try it again but let 65% of the air out of each one. You might be able to crawl up trees , tho' I wouldn't sanction such behavior, nor recommend it

Oh, go on Amazon & look at any ' jeep jk stronger spare bracket' results. TeraFlex ,rockhard4x4, bootyslappinoffroad, ballsacreligousoffroad, clamidiaracing, donkeypunchfab, they all make bracket that look like this & that plus some tubing to extend your spare bumper pad thingys** are all ya need:
...you can get the reinforcing plates if you want ...I don't think that is
necessary as that is same size as factory ,maybe .2" larger technically but
it's a BFG; welcome to owning tires that are smaller than sidewall stamped

*Deep,clay-like muds...they'll spin thru but those 3D sipes are like mantis legs & grasp everything. Heavy mud is the lowest & only 'Medium' rating
you can give the KO2s,imo.

**look at the image closely; see the 3" to 4" of tube inserted into each of the factory stand-off bumpers for that Jeeps spare pointing at the camera?
that's what I'm talking about. (edit: I may be wrong; that Jeep may have some aftermarket extended spare bumpers I'm unaware of. I just used high end , heater coolant feed hose iirc & it fit right in the stock bumpers)

Enjoy those new tires!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-09-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode