Airing Up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Airing Up

Hi all – 1st post here,
Just curious if anyone has used one of the new battery operated air compressor on the market to air up?
The Ridgid 18V with a 1 gallon tank or the Dewalt Flexvolt 60V with a 2.5 gallon tank.
Both seem small and compact enough to tag along on the trail and use when finished.
Thanks in advance for replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Granite Guru

dewalt one is $300. i guess in my mind it depends if you are going to use the air compressor for other activities to justify the cost. i run a power tank because i am very impatient and 40s take forever on a traditional air compressor. but i also use it for running nails guns etc too. im curious how many tire fills could you get on one flexvolt battery.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Wheeler

If you're just getting it for the Jeep, I say go ARB or something along those lines, or a compressed air tank. Right now I'm running a portable compressor that runs off the battery (gator clamp) just to air up (33's), but eventually plan on getting an ARB Dual setup put in. If you're going to be using it around the house, it's kind of a 2 birds 1 stone setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Granite Guru

If you are looking for a Portable, the best one for the money is the Smittybilt S/B2781 for $164.99. It moves the most amount of air for the money and that's what you want. It moves 5.65 CFM. The only one that comes close is the ARB twin, which is $517.00 and moves 6.16 CFM. BTW, they are not really Portable. I like mine portable because I have two Jeeps. I've had it for about 3 years now and it has not failed once. A less expensive one won't move even close to the amount of air so it takes what seems like forever to air up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode