Wheel offset - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-31-2018, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Wheel offset

Currently running 285/75 Toyo MT’s on my 07 Rubicon factory wheels. Wanting a wider looking stance. I assume my factory wheels are 9” Thinking of purchasing 17x10 fuel Mavericks and running same tire. How much negative offset can I go with to get the look I want without putting too much stress on axles, bearings, etc? Also will 10” wheels cause me issues with mild off roading? Or...should I stick with 9” wide fuel wheels and just negative offset? Any info greatly appreciated. Pics of your jeep will help me too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-31-2018, 08:36 AM
Rock God

stock rims are 7.5" wide and have 6.25 backspacing. I think a 10" wide rim on a 285 tire is too wide. go with an 8-9" wide rim and 4.5-5.2 backspacing or just keep your rims and add 1.5" spidertrax spacers.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-31-2018, 09:35 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srrs1717 View Post
Currently running 285/75 Toyo MT’s on my 07 Rubicon factory wheels. Wanting a wider looking stance. I assume my factory wheels are 9” Thinking of purchasing 17x10 fuel Mavericks and running same tire. How much negative offset can I go with to get the look I want without putting too much stress on axles, bearings, etc? Also will 10” wheels cause me issues with mild off roading? Or...should I stick with 9” wide fuel wheels and just negative offset? Any info greatly appreciated. Pics of your jeep will help me too!!
I am running stock rims with Spidertrax and LT295-70R/17 Nitto TeraGraplers.
Attached Images

2011 JK Sport
Teraflex leveling kit
LT 295/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode