2.5 Lift Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75r17 or 285/70r17? 11 Unlimited Automatic 3.73 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

2.5 Lift Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75r17 or 285/70r17? 11 Unlimited Automatic 3.73

I am getting ready to install a 2.5 RC spacer lift. I love the look of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I have also seen great reviews of thier on street drivability.

My Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU)
is a 2011 automatic with 3.73.

The jeep will be on the road mostly for daily driving in the Chicago area(25 miles each way 35-60mph) where we get rain, light snow, deep snow, ice and dry pavement (sometimes all in the same day). Might be used for the occasionally weekend road trip ( couple hour interstate 75mph drive) also might hit a small fire trail or stuff that a stock wrangler could make it without problem (No major flexing, i don't have disconnects). I do have tow hitch and run a small 1000 lbs trailer with home supplies on it around town at times.

Trying to decide between 285/75r17 and 285/70r17 both come in C 6 ply rating?
I already have 17x9 wheels with 5 inch backspacing bs

Anyone with pictures of these sizes of tires and a 2.5 lift with these tires would be great?

If they are 4 door all the better. Side views and front and rear view on flat surface of possible.

Overall want comparing shots of both sizes on 2.5 lift.

I DONT WANT PICS OF OTHER SIZES OR BIGGER OR SMALLER LIFTS

What are the pros and cons of each?

They are about $175 difference in cost for set of 5. Is the 175 worth it for the 75'sm

Do i need a different spare tire rack for either with a stock bumper?

What type of issues may arise between each?

Does anyone have experience with these different sizes on 2007- 2011 automatic 3.73 with these sizes? How is the in town driving and interstate driving? Towing small load? Would one be better than the other for daily driving?

Please all input would be great from all who have n experience with these tires/tire sizes and set up.

RC lift and wheels are already purchased and will not be returning them.

Thanks in advance for all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I went through and deleted at least 6 of your identical posts throughout the board. Please: Post only ONCE! Moderators are not here 24/7 so it may take a little time to get [flagged] posts approved. Please don't litter the board with identical posts and please do not ( assuming under duress) create multiple accounts/ user-names. That's simply not how things are done on forums.

I'm sure that someone will come along to offer you some insight regarding your request, but again... please heed forum etiquette and be patient.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
I am getting ready to install a 2.5 RC spacer lift. I love the look of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I have also seen great reviews of thier on street drivability.

My Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU)
is a 2011 automatic with 3.73.

The jeep will be on the road mostly for daily driving in the Chicago area(25 miles each way 35-60mph) where we get rain, light snow, deep snow, ice and dry pavement (sometimes all in the same day). Might be used for the occasionally weekend road trip ( couple hour interstate 75mph drive) also might hit a small fire trail or stuff that a stock wrangler could make it without problem (No major flexing, i don't have disconnects). I do have tow hitch and run a small 1000 lbs trailer with home supplies on it around town at times.

Trying to decide between 285/75r17 and 285/70r17 both come in C 6 ply rating?
I already have 17x9 wheels with 5 inch backspacing bs

Anyone with pictures of these sizes of tires and a 2.5 lift with these tires would be great?

If they are 4 door all the better. Side views and front and rear view on flat surface of possible.

Overall want comparing shots of both sizes on 2.5 lift.

I DONT WANT PICS OF OTHER SIZES OR BIGGER OR SMALLER LIFTS

What are the pros and cons of each?

They are about $175 difference in cost for set of 5. Is the 175 worth it for the 75'sm

Do i need a different spare tire rack for either with a stock bumper?

What type of issues may arise between each?

Does anyone have experience with these different sizes on 2007- 2011 automatic 3.73 with these sizes? How is the in town driving and interstate driving? Towing small load? Would one be better than the other for daily driving?

Please all input would be great from all who have n experience with these tires/tire sizes and set up.

RC lift and wheels are already purchased and will not be returning them.

Thanks in advance for all the help
Hey man ! I'm probably going to get at least 1 answer wrong but as a fellow Illinoisan (Mattoon-Charleston) and a guy who drives to Tinley park a lot I'll try. Looks like the conversion for your choice in sizes comes out to either 33.83 inches tall (my choice for the price) or 32.71" tall for the 70 series. That's not so much of a difference that you will notice a huge effect on the highway between the 2. Have you already purchased your 1.5" wheel spacers for your JKU? I'm not sure about 2012 and older, but when I did the budget boost on my 13'JKU with factory 17" wheels, I had to purchase a couple hundred dollars in wheel spacers as well to use my stock wheels with the BB. ((((I'm selling my spacers now since my 35's came in if you're interested ))) Your spare rack should be fine with those tire sizes. I've seen 35's on stock mounts and all they had to do was raise the 3rd brake light. Over time, I have no clue. Although I don't have much city experience with Nitto tires, it's always been said to me that if mild trail or off-roading is less than 5-10% of your driving to steer clear of anything taller than a 33/12.50/or it's equivalent. I've also been told that an All terrain is your best bet for larger tires that work well on paved roads as opposed to trail/mud tires. The trailer shouldn't be an issue either, if you have 5 people and a full tank, and then the full 1000lbs. You're going to notice but it will make it around the flat area well. So if you search 2.5" BB and 33's that's dang near exactly what you're looking at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Wheeler

Also, if you haven't paid for the tires yet. Check out Discount Tire Direct on herenor the website. They will match any lower price (Delivered) and offer free shipping and many other deals and rebates. I just ordered 5 wheel/tire packages mounted/balanced with flat tire replacement certificates and lug nuts shipped to me for under 1400.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I went through and deleted at least 6 of your identical posts throughout the board. Please: Post only ONCE! Moderators are not here 24/7 so it may take a little time to get [flagged] posts approved. Please don't litter the board with identical posts and please do not ( assuming under duress) create multiple accounts/ user-names. That's simply not how things are done on forums.

I'm sure that someone will come along to offer you some insight regarding your request, but again... please heed forum etiquette and be patient.
Sorry i was trying to post and it kept telling me that it wasn't posting to please re login. So i kept trying. Finally in have up didn't know that out posted more than once if at all.

Sorry i didn't want to spam the boards
post #6 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

So... Which account/ user-name do you want to use?

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #7 of 7 Old 10-18-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlgt88 View Post
Sorry i was trying to post and it kept telling me that it wasn't posting to please re login. So i kept trying. Finally in have up didn't know that out posted more than once if at all.

Sorry i didn't want to spam the boards
LTLgt88

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
So... Which account/ user-name do you want to use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode