Repainted wheels - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-07-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Repainted wheels

Not sure if this is the right spot but here it is.

I decided to finally repaint my wheels. Have been looking like this since I got the jeep and only getting worse. Now that I have the LS I really needed to take care of the wheels.

I called around on having the powder coat removed and recoated, that was ranging from $350 on up for 5 wheels. Plus I would have to have the tires dismounted and remounted plus balanced.

So, for about $125.00 I got some Dupli Color Satin black wheel paint, Matte Clear coat and some Rustoleum self etching primer. I stripped the wheels down with aircraft paint stripper. Tapped off the tires, then repainted.

Here is what I started with, all the wheels looked like this. Painted wheels and I ended up painting the center caps. Last pic is all back on with painted center caps.
Attached Images

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Eagle Offroad Alloys 18"x10"

Last edited by 4wheels4life; 10-18-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Nice paint job! Thanks for the pics.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2017, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thank you. All I know is it took a lot of time for prep. But that is the most important part. I spent 3 days on all five wheels to get them completely done.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Eagle Offroad Alloys 18"x10"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Wheeler

I like the plastic dip but if it wasn't for the pita part of taking the wheels off ya cant bet powder coating them. And yes prep is the main thing with painting wheels for sure.

2014 JK 2 Door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode