MTR 35 vs. 37 Load Range C vs. D - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

MTR 35 vs. 37 Load Range C vs. D

I drive my 2-door on 35" MTR's right now (load range C)

I'm thinking about getting the 37" MTR but it is load range D, which I'm very concerned about.

Does anyone have first hand experience with both the 35" load range C MTR, as well as the 37" load range D MTR, in a very low tire pressure off-road use case? How do the two tires compare?

Or if you don't actually have experience with these two tires, any thoughts on this or experience with other tires moving from a load range C tire to a D tire?

Specifically interested in very-low-pressure side wall flex. I run 1PSI deep snow wheeling and side wall flex is the only way you move. Afraid the 37" load D tire will actually be worse performance in that environment than the 35" load C tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2017, 07:53 AM
JKO Addict!

I ran the 37's for a short bit and really didn't care for them as they were stiff for a 2 door that was relatively light at the time.
The way you ran the Rubicon I am not sure why you would want to go bigger. You really didn't seem to struggle on anything.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2017, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I ran the 37's for a short bit and really didn't care for them as they were stiff for a 2 door that was relatively light at the time.
The way you ran the Rubicon I am not sure why you would want to go bigger. You really didn't seem to struggle on anything.
Because snow wheeling is really my thing and bigger is always better. But super soft sidewalls is also better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-26-2017, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

have you ever looked at the Interco Bogger 35x14.5? Soft, aggressive, and wide.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #5 of 6 Old 08-26-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
have you ever looked at the Interco Bogger 35x14.5? Soft, aggressive, and wide.
Nah I can't go that wide, I'd need <2.5" effective backspace which is just a bad idea on stock axles. Plus I don't want to be any wider than I am right now. And they're bias ply which is unacceptable for snow wheeling.

Even the Trxus radial and Irok radial are both load range D in a 37 x 12.5 size. As far as I know, there is no load range C 37" tire manufactured by any company.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-26-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Eh, now I'm thinking I'll just stay with 35s, there are just so many reasons to keep a jeep like mine on 35s and basically no good reason to go to 37 except the poor decision of always wanting to go bigger, but in this case it might even be worse since there's no good 37" tires

I don't know, the endless decision of what tires to get
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode