Racelines - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-20-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Racelines

Wheel question

Looking to replace my wheels, currently running* 37x13.5r17 on 17 x 9 with 4.53" backspacing and a
1.5 inch spacer.

Ultimately I'd like to get rid of the spacers

Im Looking at raceline beadlocks, they have 17x8.5 with 3.75" backspacing
or
17x9.5 with 4" backspacing

What would the difference be? Or am I just over thinking the whole thing?
I do eventually plan on moving up to maybe a 40" tire

2013 Sport

Stretched F+R
Coilovers F+R
Built and locked 44s F+R
40x13.5 Maxxis RAZR
Full skids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-26-2017, 08:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I can't answer the Beadlock part of the question, but I can offer my current experience with Raceline.

This is my only experience with this company, so I'm by no means trying to bash them. If it's a standard they have set, however, bash button is on.

Two weeks ago I went through a local shop for rims, tires and lift. Everything was delivered next day except the rims. A day later three rims came in. They're still waiting on the 4th and 5th rim. Why ship three and not at least four? Or better yet, say there's production difficulties and I'll go with another choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-26-2017, 08:33 AM
JKO Addict!

if you are going to run 40's you are going to wider axles and that generally comes with 8 lug wheels. I would just run what you have until that day comes. 40's on a factory width axle need around a 1.5" net bs unless you are really tall and bumpstopped to the sky.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-26-2017, 08:37 AM
JKO Addict!

The two sizes you mentioned are basically a wash because of tire bulge. With the width of a 13.5" tire you would be better off with a wider rim in the 9.5" to fit the tire better and have less tire bulge on the inside of the wheel. You are still going to need to limit steering or run adapters for some extra width with either of those sizes of wheels with your current tires..

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link

Last edited by thedirtman; 08-26-2017 at 08:40 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-26-2017, 08:56 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You currently have an effective back spacing of 3.28", so the closest you could come to that without a spacer is a beadlock with 3.5" back spacing. ATX Slabs, Trail Ready, Spyderlocks, or KMC Machetes will all fit that bill. Raceline comes close on the 3.75, but it'll pull the wheels and tires closer to the frame/body about a half inch.

I'd rather have beadlocks than 40s and spacers, so I think you're on the right path.

post #6 of 8 Old 08-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLawdog View Post
I can't answer the Beadlock part of the question, but I can offer my current experience with Raceline.

This is my only experience with this company, so I'm by no means trying to bash them. If it's a standard they have set, however, bash button is on.

Two weeks ago I went through a local shop for rims, tires and lift. Everything was delivered next day except the rims. A day later three rims came in. They're still waiting on the 4th and 5th rim. Why ship three and not at least four? Or better yet, say there's production difficulties and I'll go with another choice.
I would call them. They have been great to work with for me.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-27-2017, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thank you for the replies!! Exactly what I needed to know

2013 Sport

Stretched F+R
Coilovers F+R
Built and locked 44s F+R
40x13.5 Maxxis RAZR
Full skids
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2018, 07:16 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLawdog View Post

Did your local shop order directly from Raceline?my bet is there was a middle-man supplier in between.

2016 JKUR on 35s

History- 90 XJ, 98 TJ, 98 ZJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode