• 1 Post By Stover
  • 1 Post By Discount Tire
  • 2 Post By crffisher
  • 1 Post By crffisher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-24-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Level 8 Pros and Cooper Discoverer MTP

I just got my new level 8 pros with MTPs mounted up. I couldn't find any real world reviews on the MTPs so I figured I would start a thread. So far I've got about 25 miles of asphalt on them. I'll update as I use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-26-2017, 10:12 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crffisher View Post
I just got my new level 8 pros with MTPs mounted up. I couldn't find any real world reviews on the MTPs so I figured I would start a thread. So far I've got about 25 miles of asphalt on them. I'll update as I use them.

Good looking set up! We are anxious to hear your thoughts on them.

Thank you for your support!

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-27-2017 at 11:28 AM.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I decided to check pressure tonight and dial in a contact patch with the level 8 deflator gauge. On every tire, I get two different readings on each valve stem. Even the spare. So after convincing myself of different theory's and trying to prove Boyle's law and wrestling with thermodynamics and air movement I decided to set off of the low pressure. Discount had me up in the 40s, or I still wasn't cooled off. I'll check again in the morning. I went down to 30psi. So far road handling is great, they are a bit flighty so that's why I checked pressure. Airing down should solve the issue. The picture is during deflation, that's why the pressure is reading low.
I refuse to comment on road noise with an M/T.

Discount Tire likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 07-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Granite Guru

What do you think of the plastic scratch rings?
Do you think they will hold up to real-world trail abuse?
1eviljk likes this.

2007 Unlimited X
Built the way I like
post #5 of 18 Old 07-01-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover View Post
What do you think of the plastic scratch rings?

Do you think they will hold up to real-world trail abuse?

I think so. They're pretty thick and seem to be sturdy. I'm thinking anything that wrecks these might wreck any rim. Hard to say having not gotten on a trail yet.

post #6 of 18 Old 07-03-2017, 08:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

I have a few co-workers who wheel frequently that are running Pro Series wheels. The rings are holding up great and the rings definitely keep the wheels protected! Replacement rock rings are available as well in pairs of two and include mounting hardware.

1eviljk likes this.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #7 of 18 Old 07-05-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I made it out today. Only soft dirt and minor mud with a bit of rock. All I can say is grip!! I crawled through soft stuff that I had to hit a lot harder with Open Countrys. Barely any slip in the mud and great traction on the rocks. I had almost zero wheel spin today. Nothing I hit was too hard, but there was definitely some loose and slick stuff. Very pleased with the traction so far!

post #8 of 18 Old 07-06-2017, 07:20 AM
JKowners Vendor

Thank you for the update, crffisher!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #9 of 18 Old 07-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crffisher View Post
I made it out today. Only soft dirt and minor mud with a bit of rock. All I can say is grip!! I crawled through soft stuff that I had to hit a lot harder with Open Countrys. Barely any slip in the mud and great traction on the rocks. I had almost zero wheel spin today. Nothing I hit was too hard, but there was definitely some loose and slick stuff. Very pleased with the traction so far!

Awesome picture! Where is that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #10 of 18 Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhawg View Post
Awesome picture! Where is that?

That's a place out here in NW OR. Around Mt. Hood.

post #11 of 18 Old 07-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Granite Guru

Wells it looks beautiful... great looking heep too!
Thanks!

post #12 of 18 Old 07-24-2017, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhawg View Post
Wells it looks beautiful... great looking heep too!
Thanks!

Thanks!

post #13 of 18 Old 10-13-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I got to put these tires through some snow today on account of winter coming in early. No issues and plenty of grip! I would've prefer a deer pic to Jeep pic, but I'll take what I can get! The dog even got a good a run in.

post #14 of 18 Old 10-13-2017, 11:15 AM
JKowners Vendor

Awesome photos, crffisher - thank you for the update!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #15 of 18 Old 11-03-2017, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well, enough talk. Hereís an amateur edit of todayís mini run. Proof these tires get the job done. Iíll likely be buying a second set.

Discount Tire and ndtguy like this.
post #16 of 18 Old 11-04-2017, 01:30 AM
Wheeler

Nice day!! Great edit . Winter hit up North a little early also. Nice Dog. :]

2014 JK 2 Door
post #17 of 18 Old 11-04-2017, 08:01 AM
JKowners Vendor

I agree, nice edit! Thank you for sharing!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #18 of 18 Old 01-13-2018, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I got to put these through the last bit of tests on slick rocks. They went. Proof is in the video. Buy these tires! I want cooper to keep making these!

ndtguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode