Offsets - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Offsets

Hello everyone new to the form and to the jeep life. I have a 2011 wrangler. I'm trying to go to a bigger tire size preferably 35x12.50x17. I tried to put them on but i rub pretty bad. I know wheel spacers are an option but id like to avoid that. So does anyone know what wheel offset would be sufficient for running that big of a tire. I do of the lift and clearance for them just need the bigger wheel. Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2017, 07:05 AM
Wheeler

Garage

4.5in of back spacing for 35's

11 JKUR Auto, RIPP SC, Body Armor bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic line,XRC Rear Bumper W/carrier, OBA W/1Gal Tank, 10lb CO2, Metalcloak 3.5 springs, Synergy track bar,drag link flip-Tie Rod, control arms and Ball Joints, C-gusset and sleeved, RuffStuff Diff. covers, FOX W\res shocks, Barricade Flat Fenders, 37 12.50\17 BFG KO2, 5.38 Motive gears, Uniden 520xl CB, Yaesu FT7900, Teraflex Big Rotors, Diablo Intune, Dynomax RC exhaust Redneck Ram. W3JEP San Diego Jeep Club-Gulf War Vet. USAF
post #3 of 6 Old 04-29-2017, 11:22 AM
JKowners Vendor

I agree with, Jason. 4.5-inches of backspace is ideal for 35's and the two common wheel sizes are 17x8.5 with -6mm offset and 17x9 with -12mm offset. Check out the write-up linked below for details on the offset/backspace relationship.

Backspace and Offset - How do they relate | JKOwners

Here are the links to the wheel selection offered through Discount Tire Direct. If you have any questions or need anything shoot us a PM, we're here to help!

17x8.5 JK Wheel Options | Discount Tire Direct

17x9 Wheel Options | Discount Tire Direct

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2017, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Thank you both. Which would be better though -6 or -12? I don't really understand wheels sizing to much.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Wheeler

you are talking about less than 1/4" difference between the -6 and -12 offset........the -12 offset will stick out (less than 1/4") more than a -6 offset

Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift
Teraflex 9550 shocks
Teraflex Quick Disconnects
Teraflex Monster Front Adjustable Trackbar
16" MB TKO's
315/75/16 GY Duratracs
AEV Heat Reduction Hood
VIAIR 450H Air Compressor Kit
KC Long Range Lites (100W)
SRC Smittybilt Rocker Guards w/ Plate
Rugged Ridge All-Terrain Bumper w/stubby ends & Double X Striker
XRC Smittybilt Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
Bushwacker Flatties
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2017, 07:46 AM
JKowners Vendor

^
This.

Either will get the job done, however, there is more section to choose from in 17x9.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode