White Wheels - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By FAAPOD
  • 1 Post By lloydsmale
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 1 Post By Rubi-8
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-03-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
FAAPOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 52
Posts: 151
Feedback: 0 reviews
White Wheels

I bought my wife a new JKU 'Chief' limited edition. We were thinking some white steeliness would look good on it. I can only find 15" in 5X5 pattern, and I think I recall that 15" won't work on a JK. Do I have that right? Does anyone know who makes a 17" white steelie, or another sort of retro looking wheel in white?





We're also going to lift it a couple inches to run 35s.
Rubi-8 likes this.
FAAPOD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 04-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 21,924
Feedback: 8 reviews

Summit has 17" wheels but none that are white.

so you could either buy some black ones and spray paint them or have them powdercoated.

Or you could look at some of these.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/u...50ds/overview/

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/u...50ds/overview/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 04-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Granite Guru
 
Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perry, Ga
Age: 48
Posts: 420
Feedback: 0 reviews

I run 15 inch rims. I dont remember the backspacing, but I've not had any issues.

"No damn man kills me and lives"
Mullet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 04-03-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
FAAPOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 52
Posts: 151
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
I run 15 inch rims. I dont remember the backspacing, but I've not had any issues.
What brand and model? I can look up the back spacing.
FAAPOD is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 03:07 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 44
Feedback: 0 reviews

brings back memorys. back in the 70s we all ran white wagon wheels on our lifted trucks.
El Jefe likes this.
lloydsmale is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,703
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

i didn't look too closely but the 3.75" bs , 5x5 ran w/ a 1" spacer could maybe work.
These are online on eBay, Amazon and Summit:
https://www.uswheel.com/collections/...ts/white8spoke

They have 16s but only in a 5x5.5 so you'd need adapting spacers as well as your tire selection will be a little less option filled ( amhik; I loved and ran 325/75r16s STTs on my four door - poor mans beadlock- about 5 years ago and really liked them off-road but it was tough finding the kind of tire I sought in 16s)


. I also think a white pair of "5 kidney bean " mags from , like, WheelVintiques offers would look bad ass on that. Look under ' Trucks' and you'll see I think it's the model 30 or 31 from them and it is in 15,16&17 sizes . I have read they can custom bore bolt patterns not listed if you phone them ; maybe worth ringing them up ...
That is the same company that The Mopar Underground team went to for one of my favorite concept Jeeps ever the project JT . Another jko member copied its white wheels ...
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/1879946-post1.html



Last attempt at assisting your request ; I always liked the look of and how they painted just the middle when Rugged Ridge ( Omix-Ada) set this up right wheelwise:


leaving the ring exterior black brings depth optically that can look too shallow when all white...


I didn't like the powder blue chief as much as I do your wife's gold color . Take it from us black freedom top owners; the heat repelled off a white top vs that absorbed by the black tops will be welcomed...that's pretty cool




Rubi-8 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 04-05-2017 at 04:22 AM.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
FAAPOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 52
Posts: 151
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
i didn't look too closely but the 3.75" bs , 5x5 ran w/ a 1" spacer could maybe work.
These are online on eBay, Amazon and Summit:
https://www.uswheel.com/collections/...ts/white8spoke

They have 16s but only in a 5x5.5 so you'd need adapting spacers as well as your tire selection will be a little less option filled ( amhik; I loved and ran 325/75r16s STTs on my four door - poor mans beadlock- about 5 years ago and really liked them off-road but it was tough finding the kind of tire I sought in 16s)


. I also think a white pair of "5 kidney bean " mags from , like, WheelVintiques offers would look bad ass on that. Look under ' Trucks' and you'll see I think it's the model 30 or 31 from them and it is in 15,16&17 sizes . I have read they can custom bore bolt patterns not listed if you phone them ; maybe worth ringing them up ...
That is the same company that The Mopar Underground team went to for one of my favorite concept Jeeps ever the project JT . Another jko member copied its white wheels ...
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/1879946-post1.html



Last attempt at assisting your request ; I always liked the look of and how they painted just the middle when Rugged Ridge ( Omix-Ada) set this up right wheelwise:


leaving the ring exterior black brings depth optically that can look too shallow when all white...


I didn't like the powder blue chief as much as I do your wife's gold color . Take it from us black freedom top owners; the heat repelled off a white top vs that absorbed by the black tops will be welcomed...that's pretty cool




Some good stuff there. Thanks!
FAAPOD is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Rock God
 
Rubi-8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Age: 42
Posts: 638
Feedback: 1 reviews

Could have your wheels sand blasted and powder coated white.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
Rubi-8 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
FAAPOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 52
Posts: 151
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi-8 View Post
Could have your wheels sand blasted and powder coated white.
Yes, this is an option. Will be doing this with bumpers and rails. If practical, I just think it would look better with some retro-looking wheels over the five spoke ones that came on it.
FAAPOD is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,703
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAAPOD View Post
Yes, this is an option. Will be doing this with bumpers and rails. If practical, I just think it would look better with some retro-looking wheels over the five spoke ones that came on it.
will be doing what to bumper /side-steps, painting them white?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 04-06-2017, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
FAAPOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 52
Posts: 151
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
will be doing what to bumper /side-steps, painting them white?
Ya. It's what she wants. She's tolerated me in building and buying rock crawlers, so now it's her turn.
FAAPOD is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 04-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Granite Guru
 
Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perry, Ga
Age: 48
Posts: 420
Feedback: 0 reviews

Black rocks from discount tire iirc.

"No damn man kills me and lives"
Mullet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome