Falken Wildpeak MT (DOT) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-14-2017, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Falken Wildpeak MT (DOT)

Im looking for some input on the Falken Wildpeak MT (dot). I have read a few reviews and chunking was a problem. Also I have read where tread life is 20,000 to 25,000 miles! Whos is running these tires and what are your thoughts.

Thanks

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-14-2017, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestespd5 View Post
Im looking for some input on the Falken Wildpeak MT (dot). I have read a few reviews and chunking was a problem. Also I have read where tread life is 20,000 to 25,000 miles! Whos is running these tires and what are your thoughts.

Thanks
thats results from the MT-01 comp tire , right ? If not, that would surprise me with what Falken learned from EVERYONE in the industry running those the past few years before this year even st KOH . Plus, the Wildpeak AT was like bombproof ...I haven't heard much about the DOT release MT1 but seems to contradict everything Falken has come to represent ...the low mileage I heard about the very soft comp tires in that range but certainly no chunking ... maybe someone is running the consumer tire..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-14-2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yes that's is what I read about the "hard compound" DOT tire. I'm more concerned about the tread life than the chunking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-16-2017, 06:45 AM
Wheeler

I read the same thing. Turned me off to these tires. I saw a specific thread on another thread from a guy in AZ (where I'm from) running a pretty basic trail, and he shredded the lugs. I was considering these but I will either go with the BFG k/o2 or the maxxis razr m/t instead after learning about the lack of quality that these tires were built with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode