JKOwners Forum banner

37-12.5-20 tires

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jhubright 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of running 37's. Does anyone run 37's without hydro assist steering? Will I need to install hydro assist steering?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Depends on use. On road, light trails its fine. Rocks will be a issue without assist. I preordered PSC's HD steering box.. check that out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
If you're going with 20 inch rims... I doubt you will probably be doing a ton of hard core wheeling that will need hydro. I second the PSC XD box that is coming out.

#4 ·
Agreed.

On the other point, I have been running 37s on an unmodified front D44 for over 4 years and over 40,000 miles, including some of the most challenging trails in the Sierra. I went through my worn out steering system last spring and upgraded to all Synergy linkages, but have never had an issue where the stock steering would not get the job done. Would hydro assist have been nice? Absolutely! But you asked if you "need" it, and to that I have to say, based on my experience, no.

#5 ·
I have been running 37x13.50 on 20x10 wheels for two years now. So much judgement (20" wheels don't go off-road) when you have no idea who anyone is. Yep, I get rock rash on my wheels but that is what the reinforced lip is there for.

Back on topic...you will be just fine without hydro but it is an option to consider; especially Western Texas Off-road 's https://westtexasoffroad.wixsite.com/wtor system. My steering box is worn out so this sounds like a good option for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.