method 105 beadlock pattern? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By azjeepN
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 01-11-2017, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews
method 105 beadlock pattern?

I am going to have some new beadlock rings made for my 17" method 105 wheels. Does anyone have the bolt pattern information for the beadlock ring floating around?
Dkjeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 01-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

I also have them, I can measure the distance from bolt to bolt....There's 24 total per ring, I think. Can't you also measure from bolt to bolt to get the pattern?
azjeepN is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 01-11-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeepN View Post
I also have them, I can measure the distance from bolt to bolt....There's 24 total per ring, I think. Can't you also measure from bolt to bolt to get the pattern?
I just need the distance from center to center of 2 bolts that are 180 degrees across from one another and the quantity. I can measure one as well but I would have to go take it apart.
Dkjeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 Old 01-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

24 bolts total, 16 1/8 across the wheel from center of bolt to center of bolt and 2 1/8 from center of bolt to center of bolt going around the ring
Dkjeep likes this.
azjeepN is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 01-13-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeepN View Post
24 bolts total, 16 1/8 across the wheel from center of bolt to center of bolt and 2 1/8 from center of bolt to center of bolt going around the ring
Like a boss! I am going to be throwing my brain at autocad making a few designs and picking one to send off to a guy who will cut them out of 3/16" or 1/4" steel for $35 each.

How accurate do you think that 16, 1/8" measurement is?

Auto cad will evenly space them for me so I'm not so concerned with the distance between each one.
Dkjeep is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old 01-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
Like a boss! I am going to be throwing my brain at autocad making a few designs and picking one to send off to a guy who will cut them out of 3/16" or 1/4" steel for $35 each.

How accurate do you think that 16, 1/8" measurement is?

Auto cad will evenly space them for me so I'm not so concerned with the distance between each one.

Remeasured again and again and 16 1/4 is the right measurement, I was one bolt off last time. Are you having these made so you don't to use the stupid split spacers? If so I'm in! I have 2 wheels that have air leaks no matter what I do because of that spacer ring.
azjeepN is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 01-13-2017, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

That's weird, I use the rings and I haven't put air in them since I filled them up.

I am going to have some rings made to just switch it up. These are beadlocks and they don't even look like it, lol.

I've been playing around on auto cad this afternoon and I think I made something cool. Here is an example of some of the rings the guy makes

Dkjeep is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old 01-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
That's weird, I use the rings and I haven't put air in them since I filled them up.

I am going to have some rings made to just switch it up. These are beadlocks and they don't even look like it, lol.

I've been playing around on auto cad this afternoon and I think I made something cool. Here is an example of some of the rings the guy makes

I'm digging the rings so far! But, what about the bolt heads getting chewed up?
azjeepN is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 01-14-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeepN View Post
I'm digging the rings so far! But, what about the bolt heads getting chewed up?

Thats just an example of something that he has done before. I made my own design that he has not cut yet. It looks similar but fits the wheel better. You either countersink the bolt holes and use countersunk head bolts OR you use the little domes that help deflect the pressure off of the head.

Example:

Dkjeep is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 01-14-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Here is my idea.....
Attached Images
 
Dkjeep is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old 01-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

NICE! looking forward to seeing the final product. You can customize different shapes, right?
azjeepN is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old 01-14-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeepN View Post
NICE! looking forward to seeing the final product. You can customize different shapes, right?
I can do whatever. As long as you have the basics there which are the bolt pattern and the over all OD the rest can look like whatever you want.
Dkjeep is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 01-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

I finally got my 2 to stop leaking air..... I like the row of small holes because that will let water drain out, instead of big circle, if you could cut out a Texas symbol or a longhorn; I would be a buyer for sure!
azjeepN is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 01-15-2017, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

I can draw it up and give you the guys Information, he's on FB. I'm not doing this to make any $$$ personally.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Dkjeep is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 01-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
I can draw it up and give you the guys Information, he's on FB. I'm not doing this to make any $$$ personally.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks man! Really appreciate it!
azjeepN is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Update, just got one cut and it's being sent to me today. If all fits well and I don't need to adjust my drawing I'm getting 4 more cut. These are 1/4" and cost me $35 each.




Gonna look bad ass on these....

Dkjeep is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old 03-16-2017, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Dunno how I feel about it yet...

Dkjeep is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old 03-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Rock God
 
Treader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Posts: 1,470
Feedback: 0 reviews

Looks shitty. Send to me and you cover shipping to get them out of your garage. jk.

I'm not a fan of cutting the big circle down (towards the center). Do they line up with the slots in the wheels themselves?

2010 2 door manual sport
Treader is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old 03-17-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Dkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 1,017
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
Looks shitty. Send to me and you cover shipping to get them out of your garage. jk.

I'm not a fan of cutting the big circle down (towards the center). Do they line up with the slots in the wheels themselves?
I am not either, I thought this was a decent compromise.

The big holes can or they can be exactly in-between. I though it looked worse when it was straight on.
Dkjeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome