What height bump stops for 285/75R17 and trimmed fenders? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-16-2016, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

What height bump stops for 285/75R17 and trimmed fenders?

What size bump stop spacers are required for 285/75R17 tires and trimmed fenders? I'm thinking I'll probably be able to get away with a spacer very small like 1/2" to get the maximin possible up-travel without rubbing? Shock travel is not an issue because I'll be using 11.5" travel shocks and modifying the upper mounts to get whatever up-travel I need.

I would measure but I want to order wheels, tires and suspension all together immediately after I buy the vehicle.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2016, 07:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Shocks are going to dictate what bump stop you are going to need. Different mfg will have different compressed and extended even with the same travel. Compare the compressed shock to the factory compressed and that should get you in the ball park. Just guessing I would say you would be looking at 2". Since you are going to move the upper mounts you might as well just wait on bump stop until you can flex out the suspension and see what you actually need.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Shocks are going to dictate what bump stop you are going to need. Different mfg will have different compressed and extended even with the same travel. Compare the compressed shock to the factory compressed and that should get you in the ball park. Just guessing I would say you would be looking at 2". Since you are going to move the upper mounts you might as well just wait on bump stop until you can flex out the suspension and see what you actually need.
Yeah I'll flex it out with the wheels and tires on to determine how I need to set the bump stops then raise the upper mounts to suit. I was just after a rough idea as to what to expect. I'll be running Bilstein 5160 "3.5-5" lift" shocks up front which are 15.9" compressed (14.9" compressed equivalent if moving upper mount up 1"). Rears will be Bilstein "4" lift" shocks which are 16.1" compressed (15.1" compressed equivalent if moving upper mount up 1"). The compressed height of the shocks won't be an issue. The only thing to determine bump stop height for me will be tire clearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode