Trepador radial is anyone running these? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Eburgpirate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-05-2016, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Trepador radial is anyone running these?

I'm looking at either the 37 or 40. I'm curious of how noisy they are on the highway, how well they handle on the highway and how they do offroad?

So far I've run KM2 35", MTR K 37", Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 37" and the Procomp MT2 40". The worst tire by far is the MTR K. and the runner up is these Procomp weak sidewall 40s.

I've never run the Toyo M/T personally but know several people that I wheel with have them and love them.

I love the look of the bias trep but I do too much 75 mph driving to consider those.

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Rock God

for a street/offroad tire, I would run the 40" trail grappler over any other tire, followed by the toyo.

The trep radials arent great, but they arent terrible. Nothing like the sticky bias treps, but those would be bald in 20 minutes on the highway.

Billet 2013 2 door
Dana 60 front, 14 Bolt rear, ARB's, 5.38's, 40" sticky Trepadors, 3 link front and rear, 14" Sway-a-Way coilovers, Tom Woods 1310 front, Adams 1350 rear, PSC Hydro assist
post #3 of 7 Old 09-06-2016, 02:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have run them awhile. Not noisy at all on the road.
But I had mud grappler before so everything sounds quiet now.
Out here our rock is high traction and they seem to work great so far. Pull the same lines my trail grapplers and mud grapplers did.
Seem to be wearing well. I spend more time in the dirt and rocks than I do on the road due to living 10 minutes from a ohv park.

You smell that?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-06-2016, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
I have run them awhile. Not noisy at all on the road.
But I had mud grappler before so everything sounds quiet now.
Out here our rock is high traction and they seem to work great so far. Pull the same lines my trail grapplers and mud grapplers did.
Seem to be wearing well. I spend more time in the dirt and rocks than I do on the road due to living 10 minutes from a ohv park.
not intending to derail the OPs thread but, thats an envious situation to be in ,having a home 10min from an OHV park. Well done !.

I've always heard the radial Treps are heavy but not worth the weight when the Nitto TG is comparably heavy but brings much more to someone capable of running that kind of rotational mass at each corner. I'm not a fan of them aesthetically although can't get enough of thier bias ply, sticky brothers ...the price on the radials is appealing ,tho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
not intending to derail the OPs thread but, thats an envious situation to be in ,having a home 10min from an OHV park. Well done !.

I've always heard the radial Treps are heavy but not worth the weight when the Nitto TG is comparably heavy but brings much more to someone capable of running that kind of rotational mass at each corner. I'm not a fan of them aesthetically although can't get enough of thier bias ply, sticky brothers ...the price on the radials is appealing ,tho
They are heavy. I have 35s and they fell heavier than my 37 mud grapplers. I have spyderlock wheels and the 35s and they weight about 114 pounds.
I am looking to go back to 37s and will probably end up on Mud grapplers again.
I wheel with a guy that has the stickies and his are bald as hell and they still hook up awesome out here. He did a WE rock comp awhile ago and still placed on the podium with bald tires!

You smell that?
post #6 of 7 Old 09-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
They are heavy. I have 35s and they fell heavier than my 37 mud grapplers. I have spyderlock wheels and the 35s and they weight about 114 pounds.
I am looking to go back to 37s and will probably end up on Mud grapplers again.
I wheel with a guy that has the stickies and his are bald as hell and they still hook up awesome out here. He did a WE rock comp awhile ago and still placed on the podium with bald tires!

damn! I threw-up some when you said 114lbs, I think; I am , like, a freak about weight all due to this 'engine' that is the 3.8l. I never meant to be this way. It is FCAs fault.
So, I finally got the lightest-yet-I-don't-have to-baby-them tire/wheel combo I could for what I do and that is ,ironically, very-nearly YOUR old strike5 wheels but with 37" KO2s. That combo weighs 90-91lbs? Having regeared at 5.13, I manage but if were I DDing this, or for any long treks regularly other than wheeling trips, it'd have an LS in it. 114 is is a shitton of weight!
on the other point, I live in TN so am well aware of what TSLs and SXs can do even bald! That is very cool about your bud winning a WE comp with bald SSs

<edit:I meant to include the sticky MAXXIS treps in that last comment if that is what you meant he was running. Any of those big, sticky bias tires seem to work even if they is no tread.>

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 09-06-2016 at 06:25 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Wheeler

Garage

My Treps just had their 1st birthday, 37's Pretty damn quiet, Love the rocks with them.
I'm pretty happy with them,other than they seem to be wearing a little quickly.
Running 5.38 so, they don't seem too heavy.lol
j3ff3ry_j33p and tapcola like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode