New to the game! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By coilrod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-01-2016, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New to the game!

I want to make the jump to 35's men, educate me!

My situation is I have a 2012 4 door unlimited automatic 4WD JK with a 2.5" Rough Country coil lift. Wheels are Pro Comp 7069 16"s with 4" backspace with 33" KM2s (Its my understanding that BF KM2s run small?). I will be keeping my stock fender flares.

My question is can I jump to 35"(315/75r16) KM2s (If they do run small) with my current set up? Or wrangler Duratrac 35" (315/75r16) which are a truer 35" tire without changing anything? Avoiding rubbing of course gentlemen

I know this is an over asked question and I'm sure you guys get sick of these type of threads but I appreciate any help I can get!

Thank you,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wrong Jeep Site?

lol so no one on this Jeep site knows if 35" tires will work with 4" wheel backspacing under stock fender flares with a 2.5" coil lift?
post #3 of 15 Old 06-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

Or your question has been answered a dozen times.. try using the search button instead of misplaced passive-aggressive sarcasm.
raddad and iAMtheFUTURE like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-05-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hey now cutie-pie, I am new to the site and am not overly familiar with navigating it. My intent in rehashing my question was only done to simplify my original question thinking maybe I was not overly clear. It wasn't meant to get you butt sore my friend. Apologies are in order, clearly I can see I've hurt your feelings and this was far from my intentions.

P.S.- Thank you for ejaculating your free psych advise all over me! I think me made progress here! But you failed to address my deep seated mommy issues!
post #5 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 04:15 AM
Rock God

35s will fit stock so yes you'll be fine on a 2.5 inch fucking lift
post #6 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 04:18 AM
Granite Guru

If your the future we should all prob just start praying now. ☹️

EX-JC
post #7 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you for the Fing advice! chucky lol

Not saying your daily prayers already? tisk tisk newmango...
post #8 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheFUTURE View Post
Thank you for the Fing advice! chucky lol

Not saying your daily prayers already? tisk tisk newmango...
There's a little search bar with a "g" in it....next to that is a button that says "SEARCH"
This should be to the top left of the page.
indoc over.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I appreciate your guidance. Ill admit that despite understanding how to navigate this site better, I am still having difficulty finding my answer. The 4" backspacing is what's vexing me.

I'm aware that 35s will fit under 2.5" coil lift with stock flares but is the 4" wheel backspacing enough at full turn and/or full articulation? Just cant find my answer...

Still hunting
post #10 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Granite Guru

There is a different crowd around this here forum. You better have thick skin if your going to hang here. You'll always get what your looking for, but first you may have to navigate some cock wranglers to get it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 JK Willys, 37x13.5-18 STT Pro, 3.5" RK with 1.25 body lift, 28" Fox 2.0 IFP, Ruff Stuff Tie Rod, Synergy Trackbar/Bracket/Sector Bracket, WTO Ram Assist, EVO RockStar Rear Brackets, ProRock 44U, RCV/Ten Factory shafts/E-Locker, Synergy Balls, Factory Rear LSD, 12K LB X2O Gen 2 Comp, SB SRC Front/Body Armor Rear bumpers, RR and RE armor, Adams Shafts, 4.88 Yukon Gears. My toy.

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6, Mango Tango.

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
post #11 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Some serious thick skin haha
I see your from the Burgh, as am I, well Export just moved out here from central PA.
Thank you for the reassurance Larry
post #12 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheFUTURE View Post
Some serious thick skin haha
I see your from the Burgh, as am I, well Export just moved out here from central PA.
Thank you for the reassurance Larry
I guess to answer your question on the 2.5" lift and 35" tires, you'll not have an issue there. You might need to play around with bump stop extensions if your keeping stock flares, you'll have to play around with it and see what you need. If it's for road use, you'll be fine. I'm running 37" on a 3.5" with 1.25" body lift and stock flares. I have to be a bit radical with bump stops to keep my stock flares. Eventually ($$$) I'll move to flats and back off the bump stops to gain back some axle motion (articulation).

I am in Beaver County, just outside of Cranberry Twp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 JK Willys, 37x13.5-18 STT Pro, 3.5" RK with 1.25 body lift, 28" Fox 2.0 IFP, Ruff Stuff Tie Rod, Synergy Trackbar/Bracket/Sector Bracket, WTO Ram Assist, EVO RockStar Rear Brackets, ProRock 44U, RCV/Ten Factory shafts/E-Locker, Synergy Balls, Factory Rear LSD, 12K LB X2O Gen 2 Comp, SB SRC Front/Body Armor Rear bumpers, RR and RE armor, Adams Shafts, 4.88 Yukon Gears. My toy.

post #13 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I didn't even think about the use of bump stops, like I said, new to the game, thank you. I wanna off-road but nothing overly serious, I have my re-gear and locker money saved up but Im just not sure where to have my work done. But before all that, its looking like Ill need before summers out so that's why I'm looking into 35".

Cranberry, I know the area, I was just over that way completing a Craigslist transaction
post #14 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Granite Guru

you are going to want to speak with Mark at Greensburg machine and Driveline for doing your rear gearing and for buying your parts. He will be the best price you will find both for the parts and the labor. And he does exceptional work, he does many sled pulling competition trucks, drag cars, and dirt track cars that people hold to him from all over even different states.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-06-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dang I had no idea I lived 15min away from a celebrity, awesome, Ill look him up for sure.
Thanks Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode