buying a 16 jk need some help with tires - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-30-2016, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Question buying a 16 jk need some help with tires

going with 2.5 TF shock/coil lift and wheel spacers
which would be better
35x12.50r17 bfg at ko2
315/70r17 cooper stt pros

both seem to weigh around 67 lbs., anybody have issues with balancing or short tread life I wanted something light that has good tread life and semi aggressive look I am only doing mild trails and mud nothing crazy

its a 3.6, automatic, 3.73 gears, 17 aluminum wheels(stock), future mods would be fab four bumper w/Zeon winch and flow master 40 exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-30-2016, 03:33 AM
Wheeler

You will probably get a good split on this mostly because there is no correct answer. These two tires are different. The BGF KO2 has been around in some form for a very long time. It is a very good all around tire and has a unique look. I personally have never liked the look and prefer the mud tire look. The KO2 is definitely more of an A/T tire so will definitely not do as well in mud as the SST Pro.

The SST pro is a much newer mud tire. It will most likely hum a little louder but from what I've heard have excellent traction and depending widely on your subjective opinion on road noise are fairly quiet for a mud terrain. It will most likely be a tad smaller than the BFG based on the size given. You'd have to look up measured sizes to be sure though.

I'd vote Cooper but I'm running Duratracs which look fairly similar so take that into account.

cadoffroad.com
2014 JKU Freedom Edition Hydro Blue
MC 3.5" Lift
37" Milestar Patagonia Tires
ATX Ravine 17x9 Rims
Barricade (SRC) Roof Rack
Barricade Front Bumper
Smittybilt XRC 12000 Lb Winch
D44 Yukon Zip Locker - 4.56
ARB Locked ProRock44 Front w/ 35 Spline Shafts
LOD Rock Rails
MC Overline Fender Flares
CAD adjustable F/R bump stops
post #3 of 3 Old 05-30-2016, 05:50 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyjeep View Post
going with 2.5 TF shock/coil lift and wheel spacers
which would be better
35x12.50r17 bfg at ko2
315/70r17 cooper stt pros

both seem to weigh around 67 lbs., anybody have issues with balancing or short tread life I wanted something light that has good tread life and semi aggressive look I am only doing mild trails and mud nothing crazy

its a 3.6, automatic, 3.73 gears, 17 aluminum wheels(stock), future mods would be fab four bumper w/Zeon winch and flow master 40 exhaust
I have 315/70 18 Toyo AT on my JKU. They measure 32.75" tall. So it seems your two tires are not the same height.

My tires and 4.10 gears = slow moving pig! You may want to add lower gears to your list of future mods.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode