Extreme Country - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-01-2016, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Extreme Country

Has anyone tried Dick Cepek Extreme Country?
Wondering how loud and how well they are holding up

Price is nice on these

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-17-2016, 11:30 PM
Granite Guru

Never had experience with Dick cepeks but uncle to have the fun country. Pretty good tire and wears like iron for less.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-18-2016, 07:09 AM
Wheeler

I got a set of 315/70/17 in August and I think they're a great tire! Especially for the price. Works great in rocks and in mud. I had a set of 33' BFG KM2's and I find these much quieter. Not saying they won't be a little loud just not as. I would definitely recommend this tire.

Last edited by CDavid10; 02-18-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Wheeler

Pretty interested also. I was looking at the Cooper STT Pro but this caught my eye... Pretty close tread pattern and a load range D. Hmm
post #5 of 7 Old 03-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

My buddy bought a set of these in 35x12.5x15 for his TJ. They WORKED pretty good.... offroad they grabbed as well as any other new mud terrain in rocks and in loose'ish woods trails (east coast). But in the 6 weeks he owned them, he destroyed two tires...

One was a sharp rock that, in reality, probably would have sliced anything. So we'll chalk that up to him... but the other one was on a long trip that we took. We spent one full day wheeling a hard rock trail (he aired down to about 10 psi, maybe 8). The way his TJ is setup, it's pretty light and it has a reaaaally low low range... he was running in either 4:1 or 10.88:1 in the cases all day. At the end of the day, airing up, he found a large buldge on the side of the tire... broke the cords in the sidewall. Lesson learned, they have really thin sidewalls.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #6 of 7 Old 09-17-2016, 12:58 AM
Granite Guru

Anybody else running these? Reviews I've read have all been positive except seems like there may be durability issues with the sidewall and tread.

07 Jeep Green Rubi Unlimited, auto
Mods: Tuffy Cubby Storage Cover, Rugged Ridge grab handles, Shrockworks Sliders, Rock Hard Engine / Gas Tank Skids, Rhino-lined tub, Kilby Evap Can Relocation Kit, 16x8 Centerline Wilderness Series - Falcon Rims, 285/75/16 Interco SSRs, OME 2" HD Lift, PSC Diff Covers, Superwinch EPi 9.0, BulldogFab Rear Bumper, RedrockFab Front Bumper and skid
post #7 of 7 Old 09-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76 View Post
Anybody else running these? Reviews I've read have all been positive except seems like there may be durability issues with the sidewall and tread.

thewre's links on other forums that rate them highly and I am not suprised ; i have thier AT cousin on my XJ in 33" funcountry ; i believe the carcass is the same as it is on many of the Cooper carcass mold tires; tough As all get out. they wear well if you maintain the pressure right for your veihcvlew and they look great plius handle dual purpose awesome. the mud version is probably comprable to the STT ( not STT Pro) from Cooper and I can attest to the compound they are made of ( the FC or this Extrme version you are looking for info on ) being chip resistant and a good value - as long as you understAND NO mt is going to accrue 60K driven 60% or more of time on a tarmac....Dick Cepek makes a great tire.

<edit: i'm leaving it unchanged because my typos within that comment above make it look like i had some seizure or something while typing it, lmao...srry>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 09-17-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode