Looking for ideas on beadlocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 05-28-2015, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Looking for ideas on beadlocks

Trying to decide on which beadlocks to go with. Lets see some pics of your beadlocks and a description of any issues you have had with them. Also someone posted up here awhile back that bought what I believe to be some trailready beadlocks with a graphite finish. If anyone has a link to that thread I would appreciate it. Thanks.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Wheeler

post #3 of 22 Old 05-28-2015, 09:53 PM
WINNAR!

Garage

Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 05-29-2015, 08:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogMech46 View Post
If anyone has a link to that thread I would appreciate it. Thanks.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...ght=trailready

I run walkers. No issues ever

post #5 of 22 Old 05-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Rock God

That thread mentioned two USA made, but didn't say who the second was - unless I missed it.
Hutchinson Rock Monsters, made in the USA.

Last edited by funfred; 07-19-2015 at 04:10 PM.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Granite Guru

Racelines here -- because I got a good deal on them. I've had them for 4 years with zero issues.

2009 Silver Unlimited Rubicon -- Not really stock, anymore.
post #7 of 22 Old 06-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Wheeler

I have the Trail Ready beadlocks with the graphite powder coat. I have some pictures in my welcome post.
Let me know if you want anymore.

https://www.jkowners.com/#/forumsite/20570/topics/239089
post #8 of 22 Old 06-07-2015, 07:55 AM
JKO Addict!

I would look into ones that are going to meet your needs, some have multiple bs options where some like the rock monster and AEV only come in one bs offering and may require running adapters for tire clearance.

Hardware is another thing to consider, recessed bolts are protected better and are less likely to have the heads ground off or broken off but it is pretty easy to strip the recessed allen head. Do you need rock rings? In places with lots of snow or if in mud the rings can pick up debris and throw the wheel out of balance if you drive to and from the trails.

Do you ever think you will move to tons? if so the bolt pattern will change and you will be buying wheels again.

Just some thoughts.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #9 of 22 Old 06-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Granite Guru

No issues. Very happy.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #10 of 22 Old 06-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Rock God

+1 Trailready's
post #11 of 22 Old 06-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Wheeler

Just got mine with the rapid deflators.

2013 JKUR 4 Door, Trail Ready graphite deadlocks, 37" KM2's, 3" BDS Lift, Rugid Ridge XHD front bumper, artec truss, sleeves and rcvs with 4.56 gears.

If it ain't broke fix it till it is
post #12 of 22 Old 06-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Granite Guru

The Trailready's are the only wheel I've seen I'd swap my KMC Enduros for. Very Nice!

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #13 of 22 Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks everyone. Black on black trailready with the world series rock ring and air down valves installed is the winner.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #14 of 22 Old 03-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Wheeler

I know this an old post. But I'm looking at wheels for my 15, jKUR. I drive mine daily on the street. I try to take it out at least once a month. So I do use it. How are bead locks for the street? I know you have to maintain them. But we have to maintain the rest of the jeep as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #15 of 22 Old 03-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourjktoy View Post
I know this an old post. But I'm looking at wheels for my 15, jKUR. I drive mine daily on the street. I try to take it out at least once a month. So I do use it. How are bead locks for the street? I know you have to maintain them. But we have to maintain the rest of the jeep as well.
FWIW, I've been daily driving on Trail Ready beadlocks for a few years on a couple different sets of tires --> nothing to maintain.

I assembled conscientiously and torqued in multiple steps, but they've needed nothing in the meantime (unless gnarfed on rocks).

I can't speak for other wheels or tires, but TRs need no special care if properly assembled with MTR/Ks or Nitto Trail Grapplers.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #16 of 22 Old 03-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Rock God

Racelines for nearly 4 years no issues. Take your time and torque in steps like ExWrench said and you should have no issues.
post #17 of 22 Old 03-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Wheeler

Thanks for the reply's. Really want beadlocks. And don't want to buy wheels twice. Will have to years down the road if I ever go to tons. Time will tell.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #18 of 22 Old 03-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Granite Guru

I'm running the Method MR105s on my personal Jeep, and love them.

Only maintenance item I would recommend, is just to occasionally check the ring bolts, to make sure they have not come loose. 9 times out of 10, they will be fine, but never hurts to check them.

Also, some areas may have laws against running beadlocks on the street, so I would look out for that as well. There are very few DOT approved beadlocks out there, atleast that I know of.

Free shipping on all orders over $70
post #19 of 22 Old 03-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Granite Guru

Does anyone have a photo of the backside of an aluminum Raceline lock ring or Trail Ready HD17 slim or rock ring? I'm just curious if there are ridges or teeth that help grip into the tire.

I'm currently running ATX slabs (5x5) which I will sell if all goes well with a custom axle build where I would be running 8x170. I do not believe Raceline or Trail Ready charge extra for the 8x170 bolt pattern, but ATX charges an extra $100 (or thereabouts) for the custom drilling. Totally sucks because I prefer the ATX Chamber Pro ll so I can sell my old slabs with the new lock rings for more money, but not sure it is worth the extra cost for the custom drill.

This leads me to look at Raceline and Trail Ready but curious about their lock rings. My atx slab lock rings are super beefy with a great bite into the tire.

The only photos I see of the Raceline and Trail Ready lock rings are of the front, not the back.

thanks

Last edited by jk12blk; 03-12-2016 at 08:04 PM.
post #20 of 22 Old 03-29-2016, 07:09 PM

I'm running 16.5 Military H1 wheels inside and outside bead locks by design.
With 37"x12.50 BFG Baja TA's
With Motorsport Tech adapters
Daily driver went this rout because I personally love the look, the concept, the price and also plan to upgrade to Dana 60's when that finally happens I will not need the adapters.
The whole set up with the adapters and five wheels and tires was less than the price it was going to cost me just to replace the BFG 33"x12.50 rubber I had on it.
post #21 of 22 Old 03-29-2016, 07:13 PM

Here's some pics sorry having issues uploading photos from my phone.
Attached Images

post #22 of 22 Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 PM

Couldn't upload from my photo album had to snap a pic wtf.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode