TPMS nightmare!!! Please help!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

TPMS nightmare!!! Please help!!!

Ok here goes, I bought my jeep in 13 put aftermarket wheels and tires on it. The tpms sensors didn't work that I got with the wheels and tires, brought it 2 different places and they could not figure out how to program, brought to town fair tire they told me the wrong sensors were in it. They put new ones in they didn't work, they said they were the wrong year because the build date was in 12 even though it was sold as a 13 and reg as a 13. They put 13's in still didnt work. They said they can't figure out why and I need factory sensors. $500 later they put factory sensors in. I drove it for about 25 min and 3 out of the 4 are working but the 4th isnt. Asked another tire shop they said it might be a bad sensor, WTF!!!! I literally have a g note into Fing sensors at this point and all of this is holding up selling the jeep to a buyer who already put down a deposit. Can anyone give me any advise? Do I need to drive it longer? I have 5 sensors (one in the spare) should I put the spare on where the 4th sensor is not reading?

13 JKU SportS white. Mods to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 05:07 AM
JKO Addict!

That's the smart move at this point

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #3 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 05:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-rubi View Post
Can anyone give me any advise? Do I need to drive it longer? I have 5 sensors (one in the spare) should I put the spare on where the 4th sensor is not reading?
I think the computer reads all five sensors. If you put the bad sensor in the spare, won't it still read it and give you a low air light? Maybe not, I don't have the dumbass sensors in mine, ditched them years ago.

Maybe find a used ProCal and turn the TPMS off.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wait an AEV pro cal? I have one you can shut the TPMS off with that?

post #5 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

BFM for the win

Not sure if that's going to help though the buyer specifically said he wants the TPMS working because its for his teenage daughter.

post #6 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-rubi View Post
BFM for the win

Not sure if that's going to help though the buyer specifically said he wants the TPMS working because its for his teenage daughter.
Throw in a freaking air gauge...

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-22-2015, 06:27 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

This is exactly why I don't use aftermarket sensors. Mopars work 100% of the time. Unless they sold you the wrong year. The new current sensors work on 2012-2015 so they are backwards compatible.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 8 Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 AM

every sensor needs to be the same or it will throw everything off. toss all of the sensors in ur spare tire on the back if its still stock or get a programmer to disable the sensors.. thats what i did with the procall from AEV when i got it with my lift. other then that.. light will always be on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode