A few questions regarding craigslist wheels - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to ChicagoNative
A few questions regarding craigslist wheels

I found a 5-set of 17" x 9" Raceline Clutch wheels on Craigslist for a decent price. They have 5.5" backspacing so I'll likely need a spacer. I'm looking to see if 1)This is a quality wheel, I know nothing about Raceline, and 2) will these fit 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs? I'm still learning proper fit with tires/wheels/suspension.

Ian

2007 JK Unlimited X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 12:40 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
I found a 5-set of 17" x 9" Raceline Clutch wheels on Craigslist for a decent price. They have 5.5" backspacing so I'll likely need a spacer. I'm looking to see if 1)This is a quality wheel, I know nothing about Raceline, and 2) will these fit 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs? I'm still learning proper fit with tires/wheels/suspension.
Raceline makes great beadlocks, i'm sure these are just Chinese import pressure cast wheels like pretty much every other wheel out there. You will definitely need some spacers to run 35's or washer the steering stop to prevent rubbing against the frame at full lock. It would have to be a stellar deal on those to justify 200 more dollars on spacers to run them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to ChicagoNative

A set of 5 is 550 bucks... that's a 110 each and I think they retail for about 200 a piece.

Ian

2007 JK Unlimited X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 01:00 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Not bad, but something to keep in mind is the added maintenance of spacers. Plenty of people have run spacers for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 AM

You shouldn't have any problems with the tires on that wheel size. It starts getting tricky when the width of the tire is much wider than the wheel. I have 12.5" wide tires 8" wheels and it was about as narrow as they would mount them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode