HELP !! Parts needed to regear to 5.13 for 37x13.5r18 tires - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

HELP !! Parts needed to regear to 5.13 for 37x13.5r18 tires

Hi all,

I own a '13 JK Unlimited Sahara and just received my 4 inch lift and new 37x13.5r18 wheel and tires. I was assisted by a 4wd.com wheel expert that the below list are the parts I need to regear to 5.13 to accommodate the 37 inch tires:

1- Dana 44 JK 5.13 G2 Ring & Pinion Set with Dana 44 JK Rear Master Installation Kit

2- Dana 30 JK 5.13 Reverse Rotation Ring & Pinion Set with Ring & Pinion Master Installation Kit

3- Inner Axle Seal

Is this correct ? would appreciate your kind assistance.

Best Regards,
Mahmood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood.alhujair View Post
Hi all,

I own a '13 JK Unlimited Sahara and just received my 4 inch lift and new 37x13.5r18 wheel and tires. I was assisted by a 4wd.com wheel expert that the below list are the parts I need to regear to 5.13 to accommodate the 37 inch tires:

1- Dana 44 JK 5.13 G2 Ring & Pinion Set with Dana 44 JK Rear Master Installation Kit

2- Dana 30 JK 5.13 Reverse Rotation Ring & Pinion Set with Ring & Pinion Master Installation Kit

3- Inner Axle Seal

Is this correct ? would appreciate your kind assistance.

Best Regards,
Mahmood
Yes sir, that is correct.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 02-09-2015, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks for your response good sir.

Kind Regards,
Mahmood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I would just like to update you all regarding my regearing. So our guy in my country finally regeared my JKU to 5.13 but encountered a problem. I am new to this, before ordering the parts he told me to make sure that both front and rear were correct. Turns out now that the front tire's one full rotation is different than the rear tire. So questions are, does this mean that the parts sent to me are wrong ? does my guy not know what hes doing ? What could be the problem ? is there a solution to this ?

Would appreciate your kind assistance !

Regards,
Mahmood
post #5 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Granite Guru

Unless you are running tires with different heights front and rear, it sounds like you were sent two different ratio's, and one end needs to be regeared again. You need to find out what gears are in both ends so you know which gears to order.

If you don't want to pop the covers and count teeth, you can lift a corner, mark the driveshaft and the tire, spin the tire two rotations (or one rotation if you lift both tires, I think?), and count driveshaft revolutions.

You are fine to drive it in 2wd until you get the correct gears installed, just do NOT use 4wd. You may want to just pull the front driveshaft to be safe.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-09-2015, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJK View Post
Unless you are running tires with different heights front and rear, it sounds like you were sent two different ratio's, and one end needs to be regeared again. You need to find out what gears are in both ends so you know which gears to order.

If you don't want to pop the covers and count teeth, you can lift a corner, mark the driveshaft and the tire, spin the tire two rotations (or one rotation if you lift both tires, I think?), and count driveshaft revolutions.

You are fine to drive it in 2wd until you get the correct gears installed, just do NOT use 4wd. You may want to just pull the front driveshaft to be safe.
Hi GreenJK,

Many thanks for your response. So latest update is we had to remove the front driveshaft. But now my jk is having trouble changing gears and the check engine light comes on. It needs calibration/tuning for the gears right ?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode