Irok and air down on non-beadlock - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Irok and air down on non-beadlock

Is any one running these without beadlocks? And if so what psi?

My plan is to run the 37x14 on a 17x9 wheel. Right not I have the Irok NDs in 305/70r16 on the factor 16x7 steel wheel. With out doing rocks but climbing some and some concert having them aired down to 18psi serves me very well.

I'm thinking of going down to 10-12psi on what I have now. But with out beadlocks how well do Iroks stay seated on the bead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Wheeler

I am planning on running the 17 in version of the irok no 305s on my JKU rubi and was wondering if you had anything more to add since you first posted this
post #3 of 6 Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I ran mine, 37x14r15 on 10" wide wheels at 10psi last time I went out. Popped 2 beads 2 obstacles in a row. One in a pit, the other on a hill climb. Welding on beadlocks now.

07 Unlimited Rubicon Rescue Green
37 IROKS, 5.38 Gears, 6Spd, 3.5" lift Poison Spyder front bumper, 8k XRC winch, Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper, Poison Spyder fender flares, Rigid Fog lights, Superchips tuner, Hydro assist, HID projector headlights, HD/custom tie rod & drag link, sound system, custom tree damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Rock God

I run the 37x14 Iroks, but on Hutchinson beadlocks. I have found they work great at about 6 psi. Without beadlocks I would think 12 is a safe bet. Great tires. I have been very happy with my set.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-07-2016, 02:08 AM
Wheeler

37/14 are available only with bias ply, as recommended on Interco website u have to install your tires on 17x11 rims.
In my opinion do not deflate below 5 PSI without beadlock, the risk of popping a tire bead is high.

JK 2010 mountain edition, 6 speed manual, Rubicon Swap, 33" cooper STT tires, AEV 2,5" lift, Teraflex quick disconnects, ARTEC Armor kit (truss, C-Gussets, LCA skids...)
post #6 of 6 Old 04-07-2016, 03:27 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie Hajj View Post
37/14 are available only with bias ply, as recommended on Interco website u have to install your tires on 17x11 rims.

In my opinion do not deflate below 5 PSI without beadlock, the risk of popping a tire bead is high.

Yep, they are the bias ply and work fine on a narrower wheel. I would never consider going anywhere near 5 on a non beadlock. Without beadlocks stay in double digits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode