Irok Bias vs radial - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2014, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Irok Bias vs radial

Currently I am running the Irok Non Directional 305/70/16. My rig is not my DD. The only street driving it sees is to the trail and to Jeeper meet ups. I have a 2dr and have the plan to keep the Jeep lighter. Bumpers and rock rails will eventually be aluminum as well as skid plates.

The ties I will be going with when IRS time to upgrade are Irok 36x13.50 17. There is a substantial difference in price between the 2 versions. Also the bias is quite a bit lighter.

That would be the pros and con's for each of them for me? In the last 6 months I have up less then 3k miles on her. And most of that is off pavement miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2014, 04:32 AM
Rock God

I run the 37x14 bias ply. I have been extremely happy with them. I run 10oz of air soft BB's in each. They get flat spots for the first few miles, then smooth out and ride with no vibrations up through highway speeds. The 36 and 37 both measure about 36.5. The 36 has a more rounded balloon profile, while the 37 is slightly more squared. Off road I run them at 6 psi with double beadlocks and they are amazing. I put about 1500-2000 miles a year only jeep and am very happy with them.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
I run the 37x14 bias ply. I have been extremely happy with them. I run 10oz of air soft BB's in each. They get flat spots for the first few miles, then smooth out and ride with no vibrations up through highway speeds. The 36 and 37 both measure about 36.5. The 36 has a more rounded balloon profile, while the 37 is slightly more squared. Off road I run them at 6 psi with double beadlocks and they are amazing. I put about 1500-2000 miles a year only jeep and am very happy with them.
Which beadlocks are you running? Looks like I may go for the 37x14s that extra width is good for not sinking into the soft stuff.

Are you running 16s or 17s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2014, 04:07 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpstick View Post
Which beadlocks are you running? Looks like I may go for the 37x14s that extra width is good for not sinking into the soft stuff.

Are you running 16s or 17s?

I am running 17" Hutchinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode