15" wheels for my JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-14-2014, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

15" wheels for my JK

Looking at 2 different 15" wheels. I have heard one fits for sure and just want to know about the other.

There's this Level 8 Tracker, fits for sure. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...D=fnxxbz8mk0zu

and the other wheel is on Tire Rack. It's a "Ultra Type 164" and it's 15x7, -9mm offset, and 3.5" backspacing. Will this 15" wheel fit? I have 1.5" wheel spacers, BUT wouldn't want to run them if the combo of this wheel/spacer is heavier than the Level 8 Tracker that would not require the wheel spacers.

I'm looking for a lightweight 15" wheel and the Ultra 15x7 is only 16.0 lbs. Not sure about the Level 8 Tracker. Anyone know how much that Level 8 Tracker weighs??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-15-2014, 05:50 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

From what i've read, aluminum 15's won't fit. You're saying those will.. Hey, try em and find out.

I've got steel 15's with 4" backspace on mine and they're pretty darn close. I'm sure aluminum will be even closer, if they fit at all. Even with an extra inch BS. Why not just run steelies? They're cheaper anyways.

07 Unlimited Rubicon Rescue Green
37 IROKS, 5.38 Gears, 6Spd, 3.5" lift Poison Spyder front bumper, 8k XRC winch, Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper, Poison Spyder fender flares, Rigid Fog lights, Superchips tuner, Hydro assist, HID projector headlights, HD/custom tie rod & drag link, sound system, custom tree damage.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoub View Post
From what i've read, aluminum 15's won't fit. You're saying those will.. Hey, try em and find out.

I've got steel 15's with 4" backspace on mine and they're pretty darn close. I'm sure aluminum will be even closer, if they fit at all. Even with an extra inch BS. Why not just run steelies? They're cheaper anyways.
Looking for lightweight wheels that's why. Yes, the Level 8 Trackers will fit. Now I'm trying to figure out if the 15" wheels I found on tire rack will fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Wheeler

i am running the kcm xd enduro in a 15x9 and they clear the caliper by a quarter of an inch.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-17-2014, 09:44 AM
J0E

I just put 15x8 mb razors with 3.75 backspace on mine. They fit very nice, not too close to anything, and they weigh right around 20lbs.

Trackers are dimensionally the same, and right about the same weight.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoub View Post

are you talking about all aluminum 15s? because that is patently false. i have Level 8 Punch wheels on my JK and they clear everything perfectly. there are lots of 15 inch aluminum wheels that fit.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecTxAg06 View Post
are you talking about all aluminum 15s? because that is patently false. i have Level 8 Punch wheels on my JK and they clear everything perfectly. there are lots of 15 inch aluminum wheels that fit.
Another Punch runner and they fit fine. As far as weight goes, all I can remember from when I was looking at wheels is the Level 8 wheel are much lighter than my stockers. Depending on how much bigger you go on tires, I'm guessing you'll eventually end up pretty close to the OEM wheel/tire weight anyway.

BTW, DTD did a writeup on here somewhere on what 15" alloy wheels fit the JK.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-02-2014, 10:56 AM
JKowners Vendor

A lot of 15" aluminum wheels fit the Jk.

Here's another thread on the topic.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68220

The_Punisher, Unless you are planning to run a super narrow 15" tire, the 15x7 is probably not a great idea. Most 33" and 35" tires are going to be 12.5" wide. This is too wide of a tire for a 7" wheel, the tire will be pinched and performance and life of your tires will be compromised.

Give us a ring or shoot us a PM if we can help you more with a 15" wheel and tire set up. We'll be happy to walk you through some options so you can decide what's best for you.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 9 Old 10-10-2014, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks for all the help and replies. I am still researching and looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode