Beaten into the Ground Question:havin issue fndng goodata on tire ops - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-02-2014, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Beaten into the Ground Question:havin issue fndng goodata on tire ops

What options are there for large tires on a Level8 Strike 5 in 16" - 8.5 - 4.25 BS aftermarket wheel?
I have Cooper STT 315/75r16s and LOVE them so much that I have been planning on going with the 325/80r16s as this coming Springs replacement set. But, I just confirmed with a Cooper rep they no longer make that size and thus my larger tire options have dwindled.

I have 3" Synergy Stage 1.5 lift and currently could run the STT 37"x12.50.17"s room wise with my lift and travel room/shocks ( i have the shock relocation kit from Synergy) but I have these darn 16" rims and there isnt an option to go to diff size; plus, I really ,actually, like the 16" wheel ( except for tire options) as I am in the granite of Tennessee quite often and use the old "poor mans beadlock" of 8-10psi in a 15 or 16 inch tire, and it works really well for where I wheel. I like the extra rubber height . I have found myself actually saying ," if I had slightly larger diameter tires I could make it up that without scraping ______ ( fill in the blank with something under your rig)

All that being said, I do not need the pundits that typically state" trade your 16s for 17s " because these level8's are light (21lbs a wheel I believe) and strong for a cheaper alloy rim.
I also like the look .
So, I want bigger than a 315/75r16 but stick with a 16" wheel with it's 4.25" BS and 8inch width.
Could BFG KM2s in 345/75r16 fit on this tire? They supposedly only weigh 77lbs per?
I know quadratec is kinda lame but why do I see them list a size chart for the MT TTC Radial in 37"x13.00x16" ? I do not see that size on Mickey Thompson's web site so maybe the typical Quadratec typo?

It looks to me like I have the Interco Irok ND( not too keen on these; they look skinny) , Maxxis CreepyCrawler in a 35" or 37" for 16LTs ( I know they wear on street poorly - I only DD 22miles a day round trip and rotate every 2000 miles- i am not too worried)

Anyone got any other solutions for a larger tire for a 16" AFTERMARKET wheel than those?

Maybe I will just stick with the 35"s and get PBR XOR s in that size but sure would like to go larger when I upgrade. I just cant buy rims as well. Thanks and sorry so much rambling. I just saw this post << https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2806338&postcount=16 >> and wonder if those 345/75r16 BFGs would fit on my 8" width rims.....and also what you JKOwners consider as available options matters ......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-02-2014, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
re: This Thread

I just found this--->

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...74&postcount=2

which answers many of my questions .
It seems that the original post from JK Vick clearly states that the 345/75r16's were mounted on 16"x8s so I think I have found my tires.
Unless I can afford some Trepadors or the MT version of the Falken Wildpeaks that are supposedly arriving soon will be offered in a 16" wheel option, I will be going with the fat @ssed BFG KM2s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode