mickey thompson atz p3 vs. cooper st maxx - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-22-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
mickey thompson atz p3 vs. cooper st maxx

if you have either of these tires post your opinions of them, trying to decided between the 2, i dont go wheeling often anymore (and prob wont untill next year when kids are older) but need good snow performance.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru

If snow performance is high on your list, you'd be best served by a tire that has earned the "mountain and snowflake" symbol. There aren't too many options, but the General Grabber AT2 and BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO both do. The upcoming BFG AT T/A KO2 should also meet that standard.

Another brand to look at are the Treadwright retreaded tires. Get the addition of "Kedge Grip" which is ground up glass and walnut shells added to the tread rubber and you'll have a set of tires that run circles around almost any other tire in snow and ice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Daily driven rockcrawler
Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have the MT Baja ATZ's. I haven't run them in the snow, but I'm also not going to either. They are really wide (33x12.5x15) and square. They also pack up with mud pretty quick. So my prediction for them is that they are going to be terrifying in the snow. So, I'm looking at replacing them for the winter (I'm on the east coast of Canada, we get a lot of wet snow.) with the Treadwrights. I'm looking for a size that is going to be good in the snow, a 17" rim and not small enough as to make my stock gearing suffer (4.10's) and not make my Jeep look like a porcupine on stilts with the lift.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMolester View Post
If snow performance is high on your list, you'd be best served by a tire that has earned the "mountain and snowflake" symbol. There aren't too many options, but the General Grabber AT2 and BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO both do. The upcoming BFG AT T/A KO2 should also meet that standard.

Another brand to look at are the Treadwright retreaded tires. Get the addition of "Kedge Grip" which is ground up glass and walnut shells added to the tread rubber and you'll have a set of tires that run circles around almost any other tire in snow and ice.
I believe the Goodyear Duratracs have the "mountain and snowflake" symbol as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode