Nitto Exo Grappler AWT - All Weather Tire - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 07-31-2014, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Nitto Exo Grappler AWT - All Weather Tire

Nitto has added a new model to their Grappler line of tires. If you're looking for an all-weather
workhorse that's just as stable as it is versatile, the Exo Grappler AWT may be worth a look.

Click Here For: Sizing, Specs, and Pricing on the Nitto Exo Grappler AWT

Source: www.exograppler.com

"Built to meet the all-weather demands of off-road truck enthusiasts", Nitto Exo Grappler AWT features 3-ply sidewall construction
and bares the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol for severe snow conditions. Other benefits and features include large staggered
shoulder blocks for increased off-road traction, variable pitch tread blocks for reduced tire noise, and a durable tread compound for
chip resistance. The Exo Grappler will cover popular 17", 18", and 20" sizes.

Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on a set, so we can push this tire to its limits.

What are your thoughts on the new Exo Grappler AWT?

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 08-08-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 08-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Granite Guru

Looks like Nittos competitor to the Goodyear Duratrac? interested in this tire for sure, hope it will be offered in some larger sizes than the Duratrac like 37 12.50 17!

2013 10th Anniversary Anvil JKUR .

O|||||O
post #3 of 26 Old 08-03-2014, 07:05 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Definitely interested in this tire in a 315/70-17. Getting ready to buy tires and want a nice hybrid AT/MT. Edit - Only up to a 285/70-17 at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 08-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

With Nitto's proven track-record in the Grappler and NT lines, I would think that this new tire will be a winner. Pretty aggressive looking a/t. Looking forward to real-world tests and reviews.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 26 Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

From what I understand, Nitto will be adding three(3) additional sizes towards the end of this year. I'm not sure what those sizes will be but hopefully we'll see something in the 35" flavor.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #6 of 26 Old 08-08-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

We've received our first shipments of Exo Grappler tires from Nitto. As always we guarantee the lowest out the door price.
If you find a competitor with a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

Click Here For: Sizing, Specs, and Pricing on the Nitto Exo Grappler AWT
*added to the OP

In addition to the the sizes linked above, Nitto added the following sizes to their Exo Grappler line-up. These sizes should be
available sometime towards the end of this year.
  • 35x12.50R-17
  • 35x12.50R-18
  • 35x12.50R-20

In other Nitto news, did anyone else notice this?

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #7 of 26 Old 08-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Rock God

I like the look of them.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #8 of 26 Old 08-28-2014, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Got a chance to check out the new Nitto Exo Grappler in person today. One of my co-workers
had a set of 285/70R-17s installed on his Ram 3500 (I know, I know...it's not a Jeep ).

Initial Impressions:
  • The tires look fantastic!
There is a decent amount of void between the tread lugs and the sidewall lugs are meaty!
  • Great ride quality.
No noticeable road noise and the tires ride extremely smooth down the road.
  • Very little weight to balance.
Nitto tires are known for uniformity and this set is no different. 1.75 oz of weight or less was needed.

Here are a few photos from this morning.

Additional Photos:

285/70R-17 Exo Grappler Tires Installed

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #9 of 26 Old 08-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Granite Guru

Definitely looks like a great all-arounder. I'll anxiously await pricing and specs on the 315's and 35's.

: Daily driven rockcrawler
Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #10 of 26 Old 09-02-2014, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

I put over 300 miles on the Nitto Exo Grappler AWT tires this last weekend and all I can say is they exceeded my expectations.

They rode super smooth and quiet.

I also had them on a dirt road where they provided excellent bite. I pushed them hard into a few corners just to see how they would do. They had no problem finding traction. There was no push what so ever.

Personally I really like the look of the aggressive sidewall pattern.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #11 of 26 Old 09-17-2014, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Check out this Video of the Nitto Exo Grappler tire in action on the Discount Tire sponsored Jeep driven by Ultra 4 driver Mel Wade.

Exo Grappler Tackles the Elements - YouTube

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #12 of 26 Old 01-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Granite Guru

Any updates on these tires? Anyone run them in snow yet? Any word on the longevity? Thinking of replacing my Duratracs with them
post #13 of 26 Old 01-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Granite Guru

I would be curious also. I have been running Trail Grapplers on my last jeep and my current 4 door but am about due for a new set of shoes and these look interesting.

2012 JKU Rubicon/Auto/4:10's/3 inch teraflex with 4 flex arms/ bilstein 5100 shocks/extended brake lines/35-12.50-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers w/ 1.5" spacers/ARB front bumper/LoD rear bumper/2 130 watt KC driving lights -2 130 watt KC spot's/ Warn 9.5Ti winch/ Arb diff covers,/JKS front track bar/Coast front drive shaft/ACE rock rails/ EVO ProTek skids (in red)/
post #14 of 26 Old 03-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Granite Guru

Any reports on the Nitto EXO's yet?

2012 JKU Rubicon/Auto/4:10's/3 inch teraflex with 4 flex arms/ bilstein 5100 shocks/extended brake lines/35-12.50-17 Nitto Trail Grapplers w/ 1.5" spacers/ARB front bumper/LoD rear bumper/2 130 watt KC driving lights -2 130 watt KC spot's/ Warn 9.5Ti winch/ Arb diff covers,/JKS front track bar/Coast front drive shaft/ACE rock rails/ EVO ProTek skids (in red)/
post #15 of 26 Old 03-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrider View Post
Any reports on the Nitto EXO's yet?
Haven't seen any reports anywhere and a tire dealer I spoke to couldn't even locate a set.
post #16 of 26 Old 03-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Granite Guru

Looks good, but they're all E load. The duratracs come in D at 35 on 17's
post #17 of 26 Old 03-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Granite Guru

Could be wrong, but it doesn't like like it would be as good in the mud as the Duratrac. Would have liked to see more void volume on the outer lugs. Of course the Nitto will have a tougher side wall. Always a trade off.

post #18 of 26 Old 03-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Haven't seen any reports anywhere and a tire dealer I spoke to couldn't even locate a set.
I called 2 shops today and 1 was able to quote me a price and locate a set but said they have not sold any yet and have heard no reports about them.

post #19 of 26 Old 03-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJLH View Post
Could be wrong, but it doesn't like like it would be as good in the mud as the Duratrac. Would have liked to see more void volume on the outer lugs. Of course the Nitto will have a tougher side wall. Always a trade off.

Yep, the tire on the left looks much better for mud. But most of my wheeling any more has been in desert areas because now that I have retired I chase the nice weather so see very little mud any more. Like you say, trade offs LOL!! I love the mud but I like the nice weather much more so we stay in the southern states and in the desert during the winter.

post #20 of 26 Old 04-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Granite Guru

I'm surprised there have not been any more reviews on this tire.

post #21 of 26 Old 04-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrider View Post
I'm surprised there have not been any more reviews on this tire.
I think they gave up on them. No dealer I've spoken to has been able to locate any

Last edited by etl330; 04-02-2015 at 04:13 PM.
post #22 of 26 Old 04-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Granite Guru

A shop gave me a quote a few weeks ago and said they had them at a warehouse in another state but I hate to buy a set sight unseen and without hearing any real world experiences on the road and trail.

post #23 of 26 Old 04-08-2015, 07:29 AM
Granite Guru

Now that we have reached Oregon I made contact with a shop in person yesterday and confirmed a price that they are available. So this is my last ditch effort to hear any reviews before either ordering them or passing them by.

post #24 of 26 Old 04-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Granite Guru

I decided to go ahead and order a set. Time will tell if it was a good choice.

post #25 of 26 Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 AM
Rock God

Let us know how they work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode