Looking for Lightweight wheel and tire combo - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-07-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Looking for Lightweight wheel and tire combo

I'm going to be running about 430 hp (hopefully more soon) and a well tuned suspension with air bumps and remote reservoir shocks. I'm looking for tires in the 33-35" range. I have 4.56 gears and the 6 speed. I like going fast and impressive acceleration.

I have some stock 16" sport wheels and 17" Rubicon wheels to possibly use

These sound light and they're 15's that fit the JK http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...D=vc4fmso04s6q

One of the best tires that get great reviews and are lighter than most are the Duratracs.

Does anyone know of a wheel and tire combo that weighs less than the 33" Duratrac on the 15" Level 8 tracker? No smaller than 33"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Granite Guru

Weld Racing makes super light custom wheels... And MTR's are pretty light tires...

Amp'd 14 JK Unlimited Rubicon | RE 2.5 Lift | RK Control Arms | Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper & Narrow Crusher Flares | JW Speaker Headlights and Tails | Vision-X LEDs | Adams Shafts | Method Mesh Wheels | 35x12.50x17 General Grabber AT2's | SuperChips FlashPaq | Pioneer 8100NEX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks! Those wheels are super expensive though haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Granite Guru

I'm running 33/12.5/15 Duratracs on Level 8 Punch wheels. One thing I noticed immediately was that there feels like some flex in the tires on the highway. I'm used to it now, but you might want to look for a tire with firmer sidewalls if you like to drive fast on the highway. I believe the Duratracs have 2 ply sidewalls.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode