KUDOS to DT - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-18-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

KUDOS to DT

So I am now the proud owner of a new set of shoes for my 2010 JK. Ordered a set of 5 FALKEN Rocky Mountain ATS II's LT285/70R17 amazing price and free shipping. Delivered a day ahead of schedule!!!! Priced the same and similar AT's locally and was able to save $100+ per tire. Off to a local shop for mounting tomorrow morning.

[B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 JK 2 Door Freedom Top/Safari Top
Sahara 17 front coils
DayStar .75 spacers front/rear
RS5000's
Falken RM ATS II LT285/70R17
Stock Moab Wheels
Mirror relocation brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-25-2014, 02:32 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGCWO View Post
So I am now the proud owner of a new set of shoes for my 2010 JK. Ordered a set of 5 FALKEN Rocky Mountain ATS II's LT285/70R17 amazing price and free shipping. Delivered a day ahead of schedule!!!! Priced the same and similar AT's locally and was able to save $100+ per tire. Off to a local shop for mounting tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the Kudos we really appreciate it.

Have you taken any pictures? If so, post them here, we'd love to see how it came out!

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

I'll get some pics up soon, still have to install the .75 coil spacers. So far only very minimum rub on the sway bar under full lock turn when backing. Just returned from a 1100 mile round trip, two lane, highway and twisty mountain roads both dry and wet conditions. The JK rides so much better than with the GY SRA's and feels very secure on the road at 70+ mph. I did lose about 1.5 mpg, but it was worth that to improve the ride and stance. Time will tell on how well the tires hold up and wear, still playing with pressures to find the best ride, running 38 all the way around right now.

[B]

Sahara 17 front coils
RS5000's
Stock Moab Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I'll get some pics up soon, still have to install the .75 coil spacers. So far only very minimum rub on the sway bar under full lock turn when backing. Just returned from a 1100 mile round trip, two lane, highway and twisty mountain roads both dry and wet conditions. The JK rides so much better than with the GY SRA's and feels very secure on the road at 70+ mph. I did lose about 1.5 mpg, but it was worth that to improve the ride and stance. Time will tell on how well the tires hold up and wear, still playing with pressures to find the best ride, running 38 all the way around right now.
Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts with us. I'm glad you're happy with your new tires! The Rocky Mountain ATS II is a solid tire all around.

In-regards to proper pressure, the minimum cold inflation pressure we recommend is 40PSI for this model/size. At this pressure the tires meet the load carrying capacity set by JEEP based on the original equipment tires and placard pressure.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #5 of 8 Old 06-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Granite Guru

Great tire choice, and thank you for choosing discount tire! look at poison spyder 1.5 bolt on spacers if youre keeping the stock wheel for awhile, i went same size dura trac on my 10 and ive got no rubbing issues. also look into re gearing if you plan on doing some heavier wheeling. i went 4.88 and noticed more pep in the 3.8 slug as well as better mpg! 25 highway cruising with AC on at 65. any questions, feel free to ask!
post #6 of 8 Old 06-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts with us. I'm glad you're happy with your new tires! The Rocky Mountain ATS II is a solid tire all around.

In-regards to proper pressure, the minimum cold inflation pressure we recommend is 40PSI for this model/size. At this pressure the tires meet the load carrying capacity set by JEEP based on the original equipment tires and placard pressure.
40psi? That is really high for most JKs.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-28-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

As promised pic's of the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II's on my 2010 2 door, with 17 from coils, 56 rear coils, .75inch coil spacers and Rancho 5000's. Total lift ended up right at 2 inches front and 1 inch in the rear, my driveway is a bit up hill, but the end result is almost completely level.
Attached Images

[B]

Sahara 17 front coils
RS5000's
Stock Moab Wheels

Last edited by CGCWO; 06-28-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Pic's did not show, still trying.....
post #8 of 8 Old 06-30-2014, 07:26 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
40psi? That is really high for most JKs.
Yes, 40psi is the recommended pressure for that particular tire based on its load caring capacity. At 40psi it carry's the same load as the OE tire does at the OE recommended pressure.

Quote:
As promised pic's of the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II's on my 2010 2 door, with 17 from coils, 56 rear coils, .75inch coil spacers and Rancho 5000's. Total lift ended up right at 2 inches front and 1 inch in the rear, my driveway is a bit up hill, but the end result is almost completely level.
Awesome! Looks great!

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode