Tried to avoid the post but.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Tried to avoid the post but....

Hey guys,
I feel like I did my due diligence in searching the forums for the answer and felt like I had direction until I chatted with DTD online. I tried to avoid a post, but alas here I am lol.

My rig
'13 jku no lift

desired wheel/tire combo
Black Rock D-Window 15X8 -12 offset 4" backspacing
BFG KM2 32X11.5X15 tires

I felt from my research this should work with no lift. However after chatting with DTD online he told me it would rub on the fenders. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-27-2014, 04:00 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

The DTD guy is incorrect. I'm running a stock Moab 177.5, 6" backspace) with a 1.5" adapter to offset the wheels (now i'd be closer to 4.5" backspace) . I have the 255/70-17 BFG KM's which actually measured out to 31.8", I don't even rub with my front axle disconnected and stuffed hard enough to make the flipped stabilizer touch the frame. I think you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
The DTD guy is incorrect. I'm running a stock Moab 177.5, 6" backspace) with a 1.5" adapter to offset the wheels (now i'd be closer to 4.5" backspace) . I have the 255/70-17 BFG KM's which actually measured out to 31.8", I don't even rub with my front axle disconnected and stuffed hard enough to make the flipped stabilizer touch the frame. I think you'll be fine.
That's a narrower setup. 18mm difference in offset and 11.5 inch tire vs 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Rock God

Ya you won't rub the fenders, Allot of people run stock jk's with rubi wheels and tires.

I'm thinking he may have been saying your going to rub on the caliper. 15's do fit, some take a little bit of grinding though. ...

Sent from inside the Death Star

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #5 of 11 Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Wheeler

It might be too wide to tuck under the fender. If you flex it out. Maybe not, I'm not sure.

Last edited by steel pirate; 03-27-2014 at 06:56 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel pirate View Post
It might be too wide to tuck under the fender. If you flex it out. Maybe not, I'm not sure.
Nope it should be just fine. I just setup a jk last week with 33x 12.50 wildpeaks and 15's on 3.75 BS. Even with cut flares they will tuck.

Sent from inside the Death Star
Attached Images

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #7 of 11 Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy77 View Post
Hey guys,
I feel like I did my due diligence in searching the forums for the answer and felt like I had direction until I chatted with DTD online. I tried to avoid a post, but alas here I am lol.

My rig
'13 jku no lift

desired wheel/tire combo
Black Rock D-Window 15X8 -12 offset 4" backspacing
BFG KM2 32X11.5X15 tires

I felt from my research this should work with no lift. However after chatting with DTD online he told me it would rub on the fenders. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Those are the same size or slightly smaller than the stock 255/75/17 KM1s. I would expect a 32x11.50x15 KM2 to be around 30.5-31" tall actual height if they run small like the other KM2s do. They will not rub even at full stuff.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-28-2014, 02:27 PM
JKowners Vendor

I double checked out PM and I'm sorry if there is some confusion but we didn't say anything about rubbing on the fenders. Here's the exact info we gave...

Quote:
The set-up you noted will work great on your application. The only issue you may run into (and I stress may) is at full steering wheel lock the tires may slightly rub the lower front valence. This can be easily trimmed though.
The front valence is part of the stock front bumper.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 11 Old 03-31-2014, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
I double checked out PM and I'm sorry if there is some confusion but we didn't say anything about rubbing on the fenders. Here's the exact info we gave...

The front valence is part of the stock front bumper.
Actually this post was posted before I talked with you Matt. This was while I was talking online using the "chat" feature of DTD. You cleared everything up in your PM to me, thanks!
post #10 of 11 Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy77 View Post
Actually this post was posted before I talked with you Matt. This was while I was talking online using the "chat" feature of DTD. You cleared everything up in your PM to me, thanks!
We apologize for the confusion! There are a few of us that actually message here. Travis, who responded above, was not aware of our previous conversation

-Matt

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #11 of 11 Old 03-31-2014, 09:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You need the 3.75" backspacing. Get the ProComp 15x8 D window. You also won't have to grind your calipers with the ProComp wheels. If you're buying new tires, get 33x12.50-15.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode