A crazy 18year old's idea - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-01-2014, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
A crazy 18year old's idea

Okay, call me a bit crazy but my rims have a 4.89BS(16x8 +10mm) and the 33's I want to put on them have a section width of 11.2inches. if I did my math right it would make the space from the mounting surface to the inside tire edge around 6inchs, COULD I get away with a 1.5inch spacer in order to pull this off with full turn?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Granite Guru

what kind of vehicle? we'll assume the one in your avatar, but ya never know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'15 M&M Offroad triplethreat buggy #27

'00 s10
LQ4 6.0, 42s, 1 tons, etc.....RIP

'07 LBZ
Fleece Performance built
dyno'd 518/1040

'08 JKUR (detonator yellow)
35" Duratracs
wifes rig
post #3 of 9 Old 03-02-2014, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Yes it is the vehicle in my avatar
2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
Okay, call me a bit crazy but my rims have a 4.89BS(16x8 +10mm) and the 33's I want to put on them have a section width of 11.2inches. if I did my math right it would make the space from the mounting surface to the inside tire edge around 6inchs, COULD I get away with a 1.5inch spacer in order to pull this off with full turn?
That should fit and turn fine with 33s but would likely rub a bit with 35s. Stock wheels are 6.25" bs plus the tire overhang and with 1.5" wheel spacers people often run 35x12.50s with little to no rubbing.

Last edited by Terminator2; 03-02-2014 at 06:21 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-02-2014, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
That should fit and turn fine with 33s but would likely rub a bit with 35s. Stock wheels are 6.25" bs plus the tire overhang and with 1.5" wheel spacers people often run 35x12.50s with little to no rubbing.
that's the best thing I have heard all day! darn 3inches of ice is not treating my soft top well
Won't be going to 35's for a long while xD it has been very windly lately and im a college kid with a small budget.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM
JKowners Vendor

You shouldn't need a wheel spacer to run a 285/75R16 on a wheel that's 16x8 with a +10mm offset.

That said, if you want a little more room under there you could install a 1.5" leveling kit if you haven't already. That will eliminate any chances of rubbing in your front fenders at full steering wheel lock. A leveling kit would also give you a little more clearance in the front for all that deep cold white snow you've got there.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 Old 03-05-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I never thought of that!
Thankfully that photo was taken after the unusually horrid snowstorm we had
post #8 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
I never thought of that!
Thankfully that photo was taken after the unusually horrid snowstorm we had
Glad we could help

A TeraFlex leveling kit for example, typically costs less than a new set wheel spacers.

Details: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TeraFlex...item2c67792ce6

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Last edited by Discount Tire; 03-06-2014 at 07:49 AM.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Granite Guru

spacers and 315's work just ine on stock wheels. i run 285's with no spacer currently and only hit on the sway bar at absolute full turn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode