Welcome, Lynne and I would like to get to know you all... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Treader
  • 1 Post By ExWrench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-14-2020, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Welcome, Lynne and I would like to get to know you all...

After much planning, we sold our house in California, sold our Thor Vegas 27.7 Class A RV, downsized to a nice place in Las Vegas, NV where living is a small fraction of the cost of San Diego County, bought a new Gobi colored 2018 JK Sport Unlimited, an R-pod towing trailer and a sea eagle inflatable bass boat. We have upgraded the Jeep with a Barricade HD full width front bumper with a 10k Smittybilt X20 waterproof winch in it, Axial front and rear LED light bars, a Barricade Tube rear bumper and a Barricade frame mounted roof cargo system with a Smittybilt basket on it. We added a DrawTite Class III hitch and MOPAR seven pin trailer wiring harness with a Curt ECHO wireless brake controller. We have a roof cargo security system that is made of braided stainless steel wire that locks boat, motors and gear to basket and is impervious to hacksaws and simple wire cutters. The trailer has a weight distribution hitch. We installed a TadiBrothers camera system with a rear camera above spare tire, two side mounted cameras mounted at front edge of front doors and a rear camera mounted at rear of trailer. Seven inch monitor fits right above radio and doesn't reduce forward view. The Jeep and trailer have oxygen, an AED and an EMS kit (I'm was a first responder and Lynne was a a nurse ands we're both Certified Emergency Response Team, CERT, trained) so we are often the first aid team at events.

We are both Christian and are ecumenical ministers to the sick, meaning we are authorized to give communion and healing prayer to those that request it. We like to think we are becoming a bit like the Circuit Riders in the old west where prayer came to you on horseback, ok, OK 4x4, lol. We both love people and life and are looking forward to making new friends and discovering all kinds of adventures to have.

2018 Gobi Wrangler JKU, R-Pod trailer & Sea Eagle inflatable fishing boat... Loving God and life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 03:53 AM
Rock God

Welcome! Itís a rowdy group here, but there are a lot of good folks.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 05:29 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Welcome to JKO.

Some of these sinners in here might need some prayers, not me of course for I am a saint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

welcome to you ( both) .
JKOwners is a great resource & has many smart members
for helping & talking about Jeeps , especially the JK line.

as mentioned, if you're extremely devout Christian's, turn the other cheek & don't judge the harsh edges too much ...you're going to hear probably as foul a language & opinions as you would on a Navy ship. Just making sure you are aware .

you wont find a better group of people just wear a very thick skin .

again , welcome to the forum .

post links to photos you upload someplace ...we like pix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 06:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

^^^ What he said.

Welcome new friends.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #6 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 12:35 PM
Rock God

Welcome.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus Lift, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, and more to come...
post #7 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 03:05 PM
Rock God

Well, that right there is a proper introduction. He did move to Sin City by the the way. I would assume the OP has some rough edges as well.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #8 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 06:04 PM
Random Dude

Welcome to JKO!

As others have said: if you don't get uptight, JKO can do you right

There are some very helpful folks here, and some assholes . . .
- some of us can (and do) fulfill both roles (JKO cross training )

If you have moderately thick skin, you'll be fine.
Hope your new rig serves you well - good luck on your new adventures

Welcome to JKO!
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #9 of 9 Old 01-23-2020, 06:06 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
Well, that right there is a proper introduction. He did move to Sin City by the the way. I would assume the OP has some rough edges as well.
Dude, he's cool - didn't you read where he said they give wine to folks who ask?

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode