Greetings from Baja Designs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-01-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Greetings from Baja Designs

Hey everyone,

Bailey here from Baja Designs "The Scientists of Lighting". We are very excited to join the JK Owners community as a Vendor.
Located in San Marcos, CA we specialize in high performance LED Lighting.
We look forward to getting more involved and becoming a great part of the JK community!

Background:
For 20+ years Baja Designs has engineered revolutionary ways to stay at the forefront of motorcycle and automotive lighting. The first product developed was a Dual Sport Kit that made a pure off road motorcycle minimally street legal. This intimate knowledge motorcycle electrical capabilities led to a natural evolution to engineer the first HID motorcycle race light. Owner/Lead engineer Alan Roach and Product Development Engineer Stephen "Tex" Mitchell were avid Baja 1000 motorcycle racers who were able to fine tune a motorcycle's limited light optics to maximize rider comfort, speed, and safety. As a result, BD light have won every professional and amateur motorcycle and ATV Baja 1000 class for over 15 years.

As our engineers and racers advanced to truck and buggy racing, the next evolution began. The engineers quickly adapted their race winning HID motorcycle lights to their new race vehicles. With amazing speed, BD HID lights were adopted by the vehicle race community and could be found on the majority of Baja 1000 winning vehicles. In the process, BD engineers became well known as “The Scientists of Lighting” and were sought out by professional race teams to develop and aim their vehicle lighting.

LED lights were the next natural evolution of lighting and BD was the first company to develop a forward projecting LED light bar which was introduced and raced in the 2005 Baja 1000. That original LED light bar has evolved into a line of the highest performing and race winning LED lights on the market.

Revolutionizing industry leading lights is not just a job at BD, but a lifelong passion for both the owners and employees. The BD product line is dedicated to being BRIGHTER, BOLDER, and BETTER, which is why we truly are “The Scientists of Lighting”.

Mission:
To bring you the best lights and other innovative products that make your off-road experiences even more fun. Whether you're in a truck, motorcycle, ATV, boat, plane, or tractor, we have something that will truly turn night into day!

Products:
LED Lighting Products

- OnX6, LED Light Bar (Available in Arc Series, Dual Control & Racer Edition)
- Stealth, LED Light Bar
- XL Pro LED Auxiliary Light
- XL Sport LED Auxiliary Light
- XL-R Pro LED Auxiliary Light
- XL-R Sport LED Auxiliary Light
- Squadron Pro LED Auxiliary Lights (Available in flushmount)
- Squadron Sport LED Auxiliary Lights (Available in flushmount)
- S2 Pro LED Auxiliary Lights (Available in flushmount)

HID Lighting Products

- 4'' Fuego HID
- 6'' Prerunner HID
- 8'' LaPaz HID

And much more!

www.bajadesigns.com

Phone:
(800)-422-5292 ext. 114
OR
(760)-560-2252 ext. 114

email:
[email protected]

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

Take a look at our JK Specific Lighting options!
http://www.bajadesigns.com/products/...hting-products

ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
- (800)422-5292
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Rock God

Welcome.
Your products are the only ones on my auxiliary light list.
post #3 of 14 Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfred View Post
Welcome.
Your products are the only ones on my auxiliary light list.
Thank You!
Glad to hear. We do offer a JK discount for any future purchases.
Post up or message for specific pricing

-Bailey, Baja Designs

ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Granite Guru

welcome aboard..and welcome as a vendor

'15 hydro blue JKU...tinted windows,3.5 RC lift,1.25 BL,37" DC fun country's
post #5 of 14 Old 07-01-2015, 11:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome. I'm seriously thinking about your products for my Jeep. Hopefully your here to answer questions and not just make an appearance.

So, can you bring the tech? As you know there are many LED lights out there selling for pennies on the dollar compared to yours. Why are yours better? What makes yours stand out? Type of LED's? PCB's? How do you deal with the heat?

Kevin
post #6 of 14 Old 07-01-2015, 11:35 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

My new favorite lighting company! You've seen my Jeep on your FB feed a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-02-2015, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Welcome. I'm seriously thinking about your products for my Jeep. Hopefully your here to answer questions and not just make an appearance.

So, can you bring the tech? As you know there are many LED lights out there selling for pennies on the dollar compared to yours. Why are yours better? What makes yours stand out? Type of LED's? PCB's? How do you deal with the heat?

Kevin

Thank You for your interest in our products!
Lets say you're looking at our Squadron Sport. 3" x 3" Housing with a sleek clear anodized bezel.
-1,800 Lumens utilizing 4 Cree XP-G2 LED's
-20W / 1.4A Draw
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...d-Drivingcombo

Why do customers go with Baja Designs (BD)?
Just two of the many reasons BD will not leave you in the dark
-uService Technology:
Buy a Driving/Combo light but decide you want Wide Cornering ? No problem. In just a matter of minutes you can easily change the color/pattern.
Best of all, It does NOT void the warranty. Crack a lens, or decide you want amber vs. white.... Just remove the bezel and swap the lenses!
Try that with most of our competitors and you will be left in the dark with a light and NO warranty.
Why buy a disposable light?

-CopperDrive®:
BD’s CopperDrive LED management system uses next gen circuit board and driver technology to safely run high powered LEDs at 100% power.
4 levels of thermal management transfer LED heat up to 3000% more efficiently and provide an extra layer of vibration isolation creating the highest performing and longest lasting LED light on the market.
BD’s CopperDrive® management system is the safest and most efficient LED light design on the market today.

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #8 of 14 Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
...Why are yours better? What makes yours stand out? Type of LED's? PCB's? How do you deal with the heat?...
All answered on their website, I think...not sure about PCBs.
post #9 of 14 Old 07-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Rock God

Just got a PM from BajaDesigns...there's some glitch in the system when they try to respond.
Just passing it on.
post #10 of 14 Old 07-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Welcome and thank you for supporting our forum

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 14 Old 07-03-2015, 09:30 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

The BD Squadron Sport is a superior light compared to many other brands. They have a better driver than a lot of the competition. Better color temperature. Most importantly, a better optic. I did a mini comparison/review of the Squadron Sport on here.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252873

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #12 of 14 Old 07-03-2015, 11:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDesigns View Post
Thank You for your interest in our products!
Lets say you're looking at our Squadron Sport. 3" x 3" Housing with a sleek clear anodized bezel.
-1,800 Lumens utilizing 4 Cree XP-G2 LED's
-20W / 1.4A Draw
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...d-Drivingcombo

Why do customers go with Baja Designs (BD)?
Just two of the many reasons BD will not leave you in the dark
-uService Technology:
Buy a Driving/Combo light but decide you want Wide Cornering ? No problem. In just a matter of minutes you can easily change the color/pattern.
Best of all, It does NOT void the warranty. Crack a lens, or decide you want amber vs. white.... Just remove the bezel and swap the lenses!
Try that with most of our competitors and you will be left in the dark with a light and NO warranty.
Why buy a disposable light?

-CopperDrive®:
BD’s CopperDrive LED management system uses next gen circuit board and driver technology to safely run high powered LEDs at 100% power.
4 levels of thermal management transfer LED heat up to 3000% more efficiently and provide an extra layer of vibration isolation creating the highest performing and longest lasting LED light on the market.
BD’s CopperDrive® management system is the safest and most efficient LED light design on the market today.
I commend you for getting right back on here and standing behind your products. You obviously believe in what you sell.

Question. I'm thinking of staying away from a 50'' light bar above the windshield. I have 2- halogen and 2-HID's up there now and I don't like the spill on the hood. Can you make a recommendation that could get me near the light output without anything mounted above the windshield?

Kevin
post #13 of 14 Old 07-06-2015, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I commend you for getting right back on here and standing behind your products. You obviously believe in what you sell.

Question. I'm thinking of staying away from a 50'' light bar above the windshield. I have 2- halogen and 2-HID's up there now and I don't like the spill on the hood. Can you make a recommendation that could get me near the light output without anything mounted above the windshield?

Kevin
Kevin,

Depending on your bumper set up, I would recommend a 20" OnX6 in the Driving/Combo pattern.
The 20" OnX6 puts out 12,900 Lumens and has the distance of an 8" HID w/ smooth spread of LED's.
It would be like having (3)8" HIDs. The OnX6 is the furthest projecting LED Light Bar on the market!
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=452003
MSRP: $769.95

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #14 of 14 Old 07-06-2015, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Everyone please take a look at our General Discussion Thread!
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273754

A place to post:
-Product information
-Photos
-Questions
-Complaints and comments

Have our lights or want to know more about our products?
Please post up!

Also, Want Baja Designs products at 20-50% OFF?
We have select Scratch/Dent (Refurb.) Lights with minor cosmetic blemishes.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273682

-
-
-
- (800)422-5292
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode