C3s JK Rubicon - Norway - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

C3s JK Rubicon - Norway

Hi

Not many JK Rubicons in Norway right now. Actually I got the first one when they started to sell them over here. Had to wait about 6 months to get it.

Since there are few JKs overall it was hard to get all the information about how to build it the way I wanted. Even worse is the extra cost. From factory my Rubicon costed well over 80 000 US$. Now I have used about 30 000 US$ on building it the way I want.

One of the reasons for all this extra costs are the high taxes on cars and accessories here in Norway.

Guess you will see that my JK has green license plates. This indicate that it has only two seats total. The back-seats are taken out and a wall is built right behind the driver/co-pilot seats. This way the vehicle comes under tax category "lorry". If I wanted the back seats, I would have to pay well over 130 000 US$ in total from "factory"

Crazy shit, yes in deed.

But, anyway, Im glad I finally got a new Wrangler. The short version is to little to be allowed taxed as a "lorry". So it was after the Unlimited version that it was in reach of buying for normal people.

Underneath you will see pictures from the day I got it and until now. Sadly my wheels got stolen so right now I only have stock winter tires from Cooper. Soon I will try to fit 37s on it. I also have 35s Baja Claw that I use during summertime. But, since we have 9 months of winter, I need some bigger winter tiers with nails and stuff

Delivered from the local Jeep dealer

First time out in the snow

Mounted 4" ProComp Stage II, 1" BL, sidesteps and some extra exterior stuff

Flexing with Micky Thomson Baja Claw on stock wheels

Out wheeling on 1st of May 2009. Still more then enough snow in the mountains

Finally, after waiting 4 months the wilderness rack from Garvin Industries, new fenderflares, lights, Hi-Lift and some other stuff arrived from the US

Mountain trip not far from my home. New skid-plate. The stock one got ripped off after crossing a deep mud-ditch on liberty day (17th of May)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Jeep Patriot
1998 Jeep TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

TUV Certified wheels. Norwegian law, dont even get me started. You dont know how lucky you guys are when it comes to building your Jeeps. Here we need approval for any change of the vehicle. These wheels was the only one I was abel to get with the necessary documents

Out in the snow with stock tiers again

2007 Jeep Patriot
1998 Jeep TJ

post #3 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice Pics, beautiful country

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

for sure, thanks for sharing!
post #5 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Rock God

Beautiful!

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #6 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Rock God

Welcome Nice pics.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #7 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Rock God

welcome to jko

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

post #8 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Rock God

I'm just going to say Wow! What a beautiful place.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #9 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

welcome to jko beautiful scenery and cool jeep.

when you say 130 000 does this mean 130,000 if so all i have to say is wow i guess shipping a bigger vehcilce from america is expensive?

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #10 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 10:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #11 of 16 Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Those are some amazing and gorgeous pictures. Several look as though they could be used in Jeep advertisements.

Welcome to jkowners.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 16 Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
welcome to jko beautiful scenery and cool jeep.

when you say 130 000 does this mean 130,000 if so all i have to say is wow i guess shipping a bigger vehcilce from america is expensive?
Yes, it is 130,000. But that is if you want to have all the five seats mounted. And that is the "funny" part. So much extra just for 3 extra seats.

If I was able, we would move to the US. But, you know, you need a Green Card to be able to work and all that.

2007 Jeep Patriot
1998 Jeep TJ

post #13 of 16 Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Those are some amazing and gorgeous pictures. Several look as though they could be used in Jeep advertisements.

Welcome to jkowners.
Thanks all for the comments on the pictures and locations. I guess that is the benefit of being Photographer

Thanks also for all the welcome greetings. Nice to be welcome.

2007 Jeep Patriot
1998 Jeep TJ

post #14 of 16 Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Wheeler

welcome! Very nice pics! There is absolutley nothing like that in Florida lol
post #15 of 16 Old 02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have to agree with all the others, those are some great photos of a beautiful country. If I did'nt know better I would think I was looking at a Jeep add. Like the mods, especially the Bushwacker pocket flares. Bad break on the stolen tires/wheels. Nothing worse than a thief. Welcome to JKO.

'07 Rubicon- BFG 35s MUD/TERRAIN KM2-Mickey Thompson Classic II -K&N Intake- Warn Elite front bumper - Warn ZEON 8s winch, American Rebel HD diff. cover
post #16 of 16 Old 02-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

Hello and welcome to JKO!!! Love the pics, thanks for sharing! Best of luck with the rest of your build, and I look forward to seeing more posts. My Jeep doesn't even know what snow looks like!

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --Stephen Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode