Avenger Superchargers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Avenger Superchargers

Hello, my name is Jack Schuler and I am a Jeepaholic. I blame my obsession with Jeeps on my son J.R. who wanted his first vehicle to be a Jeep. The only thought in my mind was short wheel base, icy roads, and an inexperienced driver are not a good combination. None the less, JR was not deterred and found an 83 CJ8. All through high school my son and I built the Scrambler. The time I spent with my son building that Jeep was priceless. We still have the Jeep to this day and are currently in the process of building it for the fourth time. You can see the most current status of Project “Tweety” at:
http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...r%20Scrambler/

Avenger 4WD is a full service off-road shop in Colorado Springs that has been around since 2001. With tires sizes growing almost as fast as our national deficit and ever growing number of aftermarket modifications available for the Jeep, it became very apparent to us that anything we did to modify our Jeeps added weight to the vehicle making it less enjoyable to drive. It became our mission to “Avenge” performance loss by increasing the output of Jeep engines. Roots style superchargers were the natural choice for Jeep applications because of their ability to deliver torque at low RPMs where we need it most. With a great deal of perseverance, sweat, money and time, we were the first in the industry to obtain a C.A.R.B. certification for our 91-01 Jeep supercharger applications. Today we offer intercooled roots style supercharger applications for 91 and up 4.0 liters and the obviously a kit for the JK. We are also redesigning our kit for the 2.5 liter engine.

Today, we are proud to announce that with the help of DiabloSport tuners, Revolutions Performance and Servion Tuning we are the first to offer a fully reflashed Supercharger Application for the Jeep JK. A reflash allows us to safely give you the most performance out of your 3.8. More information and dyno results of our new kit can be found here:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23204

The fact that we are an off-road shop and a supercharger kit manufacturer give us an un-equaled advantage in the performance off-road community. We are Jeep and 4wd enthusiasts ourselves so we know what the typical Jeep and 4x4 owner wants and needs from their rig. We will be offering several innovative products in the near future for the JK in addition to our supercharger kits and if you are in the area, stop on by and see what products and services we offer.

Sincerely,

Jack Schuler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
JKO Addict!

How much???
post #3 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
How much???
Give us a call at the shop and we will discuss what you need.The ph 1-719-594-4766
Thank you
Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
How much???
The link to their website is in their signature. I'm hoping "call us" means JKO discount.

Great INSTRUCTIONS by the way.

Do you have a photo looking down on the hood scoop? The profile doesn't provide all that much detail.

Instructions bring question to mind: On another thread, maybe another forum, a member suggested a transmission cooler mounted in front of the radiator (like your intercooler radiator) was not effective at crawling speeds (worked fine at highway speeds) and an additional fan was required. Supposedly verified by transmission temp gauge. Do you feel your radiator without additional fan will be effective while crawling?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by maverick; 02-18-2010 at 02:12 PM.
post #5 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerSC View Post
Hello, my name is Jack Schuler and I am a Jeepaholic. I blame my obsession with Jeeps on my son J.R. who wanted his first vehicle to be a Jeep. The only thought in my mind was short wheel base, icy roads, and an inexperienced driver are not a good combination. None the less, JR was not deterred and found an 83 CJ8. All through high school my son and I built the Scrambler. The time I spent with my son building that Jeep was priceless. We still have the Jeep to this day and are currently in the process of building it for the fourth time. You can see the most current status of Project “Tweety” at:
http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...r%20Scrambler/

Avenger 4WD is a full service off-road shop in Colorado Springs that has been around since 2001. With tires sizes growing almost as fast as our national deficit and ever growing number of aftermarket modifications available for the Jeep, it became very apparent to us that anything we did to modify our Jeeps added weight to the vehicle making it less enjoyable to drive. It became our mission to “Avenge” performance loss by increasing the output of Jeep engines. Roots style superchargers were the natural choice for Jeep applications because of their ability to deliver torque at low RPMs where we need it most. With a great deal of perseverance, sweat, money and time, we were the first in the industry to obtain a C.A.R.B. certification for our 91-01 Jeep supercharger applications. Today we offer intercooled roots style supercharger applications for 91 and up 4.0 liters and the obviously a kit for the JK. We are also redesigning our kit for the 2.5 liter engine.

Today, we are proud to announce that with the help of DiabloSport tuners, Revolutions Performance and Servion Tuning we are the first to offer a fully reflashed Supercharger Application for the Jeep JK. A reflash allows us to safely give you the most performance out of your 3.8. More information and dyno results of our new kit can be found here:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23204

The fact that we are an off-road shop and a supercharger kit manufacturer give us an un-equaled advantage in the performance off-road community. We are Jeep and 4wd enthusiasts ourselves so we know what the typical Jeep and 4x4 owner wants and needs from their rig. We will be offering several innovative products in the near future for the JK in addition to our supercharger kits and if you are in the area, stop on by and see what products and services we offer.

Sincerely,

Jack Schuler
Welcome to JKO.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #6 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
The link to their website is in their signature. I'm hoping "call us" means JKO discount.

Great INSTRUCTIONS by the way.

Do you have a photo looking down on the hood scoop? The profile doesn't provide all that much detail.

Instructions bring question to mind: On another thread, maybe another forum, a member suggested a transmission cooler mounted in front of the radiator (like your intercooler radiator) was not effective at crawling speeds (worked fine at highway speeds) and an additional fan was required. Supposedly verified by transmission temp gauge. Do you feel your radiator without additional fan will be effective while crawling?
On the Jk specifically a electric fan with a shroud is used and i see no downside for effective cooling for our innercooler radiator.I will get some photos up with several views of the hood scoop that comes with the kit.
Thanks
Jack
post #7 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #8 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerSC View Post
On the Jk specifically a electric fan with a shroud is used and i see no downside for effective cooling for our innercooler radiator.I will get some photos up with several views of the hood scoop that comes with the kit.
Thanks
Jack
I assume you're mounting the intercooler radiator/fan in front of the engine radiator? Any cooling issues?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #9 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Welcome to JKO.

JKUS Sort of
post #10 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome to the Board. Good to have options. look forward to hearing more

09 4Dr Currie Rock Jocks D60, 538's, ARB's, Teraflex Long Arm 4", MBRP, SC Flashpaq, K&N Intake w/throttle body,
post #11 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Wheeler

Welcome to the forum, I to am curious about the hood scoop. When will they be available for sale? I would like to see some pics of how it mounts on the inside.

2008 DETONATOR YELLOW RUBICON
SKYJACKER 5IN. LIFT
COOPER STT 37X12.50R17
17x8 KMC ENDURO BEADLOCKS
RUGGEDRIDGE XHD WINCH BUMPER
J.E. REEL HEAVY DUTY FRONT DRIVE SHAFT
SKID ROW ENGINE & TRANS SKID PLATE
MILE MARKER SI9500 WINCH
RRC FRONT SKID PLATE
RRC SIDE ARMOR
post #12 of 17 Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Rock God

welcome to jko

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

post #13 of 17 Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Welcome to JKO.
Thanks
Jack
post #14 of 17 Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
I assume you're mounting the intercooler radiator/fan in front of the engine radiator? Any cooling issues?
Yes we are mounting the radiator for the intercooler in front of the stock engine radiator and we have not had any cooling issues with this setup.

Thanks,
Jack
post #15 of 17 Old 02-19-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow08rubicon View Post
Welcome to the forum, I to am curious about the hood scoop. When will they be available for sale? I would like to see some pics of how it mounts on the inside.
The scoop should be available in 4-5 weeks. We will post pictues and more information as soon as we get our first pieces in.

Thanks,
Jack
post #16 of 17 Old 02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Welcome to the JKO Jack! My buddy Don Prior has your TJ supercharger and has nothing but great things to say about you and your company.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #17 of 17 Old 02-19-2010, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Welcome to the JKO Jack! My buddy Don Prior has your TJ supercharger and has nothing but great things to say about you and your company.

Jason
Jason,

Thanks for the kind words and give my regards to Don.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode