Daily driver/dogmobile - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Daily driver/dogmobile

Greetings from historic Berkeley Springs, WV. Just got my new 2010 2-door JK Sport hardtop a week ago, love it in all this snow which appeared ay after I bought it. Leaving it stock as it is my only four-wheel transport (my other ride is a Can-Am Spyder three-weeler) and my mods have so far been directed to dog-proofing and comfort. This is not my first Jeep; I had a '93 YJ when we moved out here from Baltimore and lived on a dirt road, and I owned a beat National Guard surplus CJ5 in the 60's which was my first four-wheeled vehicle. I started out as a motorcyclist so the primitive accomodations of my first two jeeps was comparative luxury to me. A heater? A top? Five-star comfort to me. Alas, Parkinson's Disease and a buggered-up left leg from a sidecar accident two years ago make two-wheeling unwise at this point, so the Spyder will have to provide me with bugs in the teeth. The JK is a bit harder to get into than my YJ, especially the back seats, but once ensconced is worlds more comfortable. Don't need earplugs while driving on the open road, allowing me to listen to classical music while traveling, what a way to mellow. Have no intention of serious off-roading and I am more than satisfied with the JK's abilty to run through two feet of unploughed snow. Mods include seat covers (remember the dogs?) floor mats, a sidestep to improve entry and some other minor additions. This Jeep will be used for touring and I found the compass and economy-minder a plus. The ride and handling is so-o-o-o much better than previous Jeeps. I found this site to be the best organized and most useful for JK owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

welcome Pete to JKO from Louisiana. I too started out with motorcycles and progressed early on in the sixties (from what I remember) to 4wd starting with an International Scout. The wife and I each have Harleys. Nice to see someone my age on the forum, there's only a handful or two. When I test drove a JK in 07 I was flabergasted at the handling, the comfortable ride and above all how quiet it was. Yeah, you just can't possibly appreciate a JK unless you owned a CJ5 or 7. Anywho, welcome and enjoy.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #3 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Rock God

Welcome aboard. I'm glad to see that you made the right choice in coming here first.

I've been through your location a few times. It's a beautiful area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I was talking to a friend near Beckley yesterday in Raynelle(not sure of spelling). He said the snow in his front yard was up to his waist. So it sounds like you've got the rig to keep you on the go. Welcome to JKO.

'07 Rubicon- BFG 35s MUD/TERRAIN KM2-Mickey Thompson Classic II -K&N Intake- Warn Elite front bumper - Warn ZEON 8s winch, American Rebel HD diff. cover
post #5 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

My wife and I were in y'alls neck of the woods a few years ago. Whatta shit hole!

Anyhow, welcom to the forum!

Oh, and I was only kidding btw. Very pretty area where you live and nice people too!

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Welcome to jkowners.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Rock God

welcome to jko

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode