BUYING MY JK TODAY!!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

BUYING MY JK TODAY!!!!!

Hey guys ive always wanted a jeep since my dad had one when i was a kid. Im only 20 now but i still consider myself a kid. Long story short i got some money when he passed away and i know he we want me to blow it on a brand new jeep.

Anyways I need help fast!!!

There is a 2010 JK for 21000 with 3500 miles on it brand new, it was a demo.

Its silver and the sport/xmodel with a few cool things like a/c ha

I told them i wanted a 3.5 or 4.0 lift and some Mickey tires and wheels and he said i can pick whatever i want for 27000 even free installation and still under warranty.

He said the lift was a mopar lift??? couldnt find that, but i need help picking out some nice rims and nice tires. I think 35's will be good enough since its gonig to be a daily driver and mostly driven on sand when i go off road. all feed back is appreciated thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Sorry to hear about your dad, but it seems your gonna make him proud. He can guide you over rocks, through trails, and mud pits.

Now, the Mopar lift....when you open the box for the Mopar lift, you will see smaller Rubicon Expresss cartons, its really a Rubicon Express kit, they dont even re label em as Mopar. 35's fit with 2 inches of lift, so 3.5 and your daily driver will be perfect. Think about gears though, cause unless you buy a Rubicon(4:10 gears), your gonna wanna regear it eventually.

Go for it. Good luck.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #3 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Enjoy and 3.5 will be good on lift. Must regear.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ive heard that before, what exactly does that cost and do? Id like to get everything taken care of in the deal tonight. If its a relatively cheap fix i think they could do it but if its a feww grand im not sure
post #5 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Nah a re gear isnt to much money. In the front and rear diffs(your axles) you have a ring and pinion gear that is a certain ratio. When you put on the bigger tires, its goona be harder for your jeep to push itself, and will seem like you have no power. When you regear you bring it back to the way it was with the stock tire on it(in theory), or go a bit more and get some more torque out of it.

For example, my rubi has a 4:10 gear ration from the factory. Which is ok when I put the 35's on it Saturday(got all my parts, very stoked). Im going let it go for a bit, but go for something like a 4:88, or 5:13 gear setup.

If you have a manual trans you can sorta deal with stock gears, and shift more. Auto, keep it out of overdrive.....you will never use it if you have an auto.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #6 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

First off dont let them charge you for a Mopar lift kit. You can get a better kit with more part for 1/2 the price.

I say heve them get you the tires and finance that (unless your paying cash, in which case get the tires yourself as well) and then the 4-5 grand you save wil buy you a nice lift and a bumper or two minimum.

Jeeps are built, not bought, dont be afraid to get a stocker and build it yourself. It will be cheaper and more satisfying We almost all started out stock

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #7 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yeah the only reason im getting them to put on the mopar is it comes with a 100k mile warranty and if it breaks they will fix it for free..............well im going to tell them i want my gears redone, what should i say i want for 35's and a 4 inch lift?
post #8 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

o yeah and its a manual
post #9 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Most agree that 4.88 is the way to go with a manual.

Its hard to break a lift, plus all lifts come with a warranty. Rock Crawler has a lifetime warranty on their arms, you break it in 15 years you get a new one.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
post #10 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

awesome man yeah ill ask about the rock crawler lift, tthey said something about a lift will void my actual vehicle warranty and they said if i do it they install it for free however i agree all salesman are liars haha thanks ill see if they can do the 4.88
post #11 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
JKO Addict!

A lift cannot legally void your warranty. PERIOD

the only way they can not cover something due to a lift is if the lift directly caused the problem.
So you put a 37" lift on and your A/C goes out its still covered.
If you lift it and you break a driveshaft, then its on you.

-Doc Holiday
post #12 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

right but if the lift breaks the driveshaft and they put it on they fix it for free does that sound right?
post #13 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Maybe, dealers are real tricky that way. Make sure you get it in writing.

-Doc Holiday
post #14 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yeah definitely everything will be written down befoire i sign anything
post #15 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Alright,
Good lucks and post up some pictures

-Doc Holiday
post #16 of 17 Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven4est View Post
yeah definitely everything will be written down befoire i sign anything
We financed our lift/wheels/tires in with the original purchase cuz I didn't want them waiting on a forever "when we have extra money" list. And we had the dealer assure us over and over that everything would be covered under warranty since they sent the jeep out for work before we took delivery on it.

That was June of 2008. By December 2008 the dealership lot was a farmer's market and someone was using the inside of the building as a storage unit for what looked like old bedroom furniture. You'd think this story was going to be a tragedy, but....

Another dealer even closer to home has stepped up and fully supported our warranty work. The only thing they couldn't help on was a blown procomp steering stabilizer, and the shop that installed the lift for the original dealership replaced that no questions asked.

The moral of this story (for me anyway) is that a good, honest, customer service oriented dealership is worth WAY more than a written guarantee.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --Stephen Wright
post #17 of 17 Old 02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Rock God

welcome to jko

sorry about your dad

congrats on the jk.

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode