4-Month Old Nor-Cal Newbie!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-31-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

4-Month Old Nor-Cal Newbie!!!

This is my fourth month on the board, and it appears that I neglected the proper self-introduction protocol for JKOwners.com!

My name is Rick, but I go by "RC." I have a 2008, Black, JK Unlimited, Auto, that I bought used with 20k on it, back in 08-2009. I live in Brentwood, CA (NorCal), and love my JK!

The day I bought it, I drove it from the dealer to Extreme Motorsports, where Gary (owner), recommended a 5" BDS Coil Spring Lift. The guys down at Extreme are solid, very knowledgeable, and have been doing it for 18 years. I couldn't be happier with the BDS lift, although I'll probably be upgrading to a long-arm kit this year, as my wheelin' has advanced a bit.

I am race guy, so building & tuning motors and the like is my cup of tea. That being said, I love driving, and my transition into wheelin' has been pretty smooth.

Aside from the lift, and like most of you guys, I have done all of the work myself. My rig's performance mods include CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, Hi-Flow & Tuck Exhaust, and a Superchips Flashpaq. The BDS lift, 35" Extreme Mud Terrains, and Raceline Rims cover suspension and wheels. I have a 66" Hanson Off-Road Bumper with a Smittybilt XRC-10 Winch up front, along with PIAA Driving Lights mounted on the windshield. In the rear I went with the Smittybilt XRC Bumper with Tire Carrier, a.k.a. as the "freaking rattle machine."

I have just purchased a full power-coated set of River Raider Off-Road Skid Plates (included Evap & Air-Tank skids), from RROR, and a Viair Ultra-Duty On-Board Air System, with an sPOD which will be coming soon.

I am fairly committed to this rig's build-out as the ultimate daily-driver/strong-wheeler. Who know's if I'll get there..., but I've made some good progress in the five months I've owed my Jeep.

Here are a couple of pics, and stay tuned for the build-out. I'm going to try to remember to photograph and notate my installs, so I too, can share my victories and defeats with the rest of you.

Until then, happy wheelin', and if you're in Northern California, and want to go wheelin', just PM me and we'll connect.

RC
Attached Images

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Great lookin' rig. Welcome to jkowners.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 8 Old 01-31-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Great lookin' rig. Welcome to jkowners.
Thanks man! This forum and group of people, is great. I've never seen anything like this in my life!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Rock God

Welcome to JKO and don't forget to check out the NorCal section. RubirobV lives in livermore and there are a few more around. We're trying to get our act together and plan a trip or M&G soon. Oh and a JKO welcome
post #5 of 8 Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Welcome to JKO and don't forget to check out the NorCal section. RubirobV lives in livermore and there are a few more around. We're trying to get our act together and plan a trip or M&G soon. Oh and a JKO welcome
Sounds good, and I'll definitely check out the NorCal section a little closer. Yeah, Livermore is a hop, skip, and a jump, away from me; about 40 minutes.

I'm definitely down, especially once I get these RROR Skids installed...

Talk soon.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #6 of 8 Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Rock God

welcome to jko

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

post #7 of 8 Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Rodicon, where in Central Cali are you located? Where do you wheel?

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode