Do you have too many Jeeps in your garage? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Trade your Jeep for my Porshe?

My son & I are looking to trade my Porsche for a built rig... preferably a 4dr JK but will consider others... must be an automatic...

Trade my Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet for your Jeep?

1999 Carrera Cabriolet. Has a new power rag top and a color matched hard top.

Car was over $100k new. Well maintained. Comes with a car cover. Very fast & fun to drive. 65k original miles ... low miles....

Has new tires...

Forrest Grumpy
: "Life is like a box of dark chocolates. You never know what your going to get. But when you do, you find you don't like it anyway! "
JK's Rule! 2007 Sahara Hesco Supercharged ~TOYO M/T 35's ~ FabFours ~ 3" Teraflex Premium Shorty Lift~ ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ezfriday; 11-24-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 11-23-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
What we're looking for...

So...

What we're looking for...

Jimmy really loves the Porsche but at 18 he's not ready for a car like this one. It's way too fast.

For a first vehicle he needs a durable vehicle that can take a hit or two... or three ... ... ... ....

He really likes my Jeep Sahara with all the add ons and has decided that a Jeep is a good way to go... obviously the better choice all around...

He likes the JK 4dr and needs an automatic as his first vehicle, however we are open to a 2 door.

There was a guy here a few weeks ago who mentioned he had six Jeeps in his garage ... I figured ... WTH ... I don't have much cash these days and I don't drive the Porsche that much ... might be someone out there with a spare Jeep lying around who wouldn't mind a really nice and very fast sports car.

Besides I hate the entire process of buying and selling cars. It's a great car why not trade and avoid paying all that sales tax!

If the trade doesn't work ... then WTH ... I still own a kickass Porsche.

Forrest Grumpy
: "Life is like a box of dark chocolates. You never know what your going to get. But when you do, you find you don't like it anyway! "
JK's Rule! 2007 Sahara Hesco Supercharged ~TOYO M/T 35's ~ FabFours ~ 3" Teraflex Premium Shorty Lift~ ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 Old 11-23-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

[QUOTE=Grant211;976274]So I've never owned one buy I did get to ride shotgun in a very highly modified 930 slant nose and that thing was wicked, but I'll still love the vipers and vettes. Anywho to keep the post on subject how much are u looking for in the Porsche?

If I sold the Porsche outright I would probably ask $28k and expect it might go for around 24k.

I've looked at 911's on craigslist and ebay ... they are selling in the low to mid twenties for average condition. Mine has the matching hardtop with new tires and a new ragtop. It's is in good condition short of small crack on the drivers side headlight and a slight paint blotch near the light. Both are hardly noticeable. With 65k miles and the new items the car looks near new. The interior is in very nice condition also. I've kept all the black weather stripping and moldings detailed ... they look new.

Forrest Grumpy

Last edited by ezfriday; 11-27-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

There are several really nice '07 JK's on the local sfbaycraigslist listed between 20k - 28k and several '99 911's listed in the same price range so I figure its a pretty fair trade.

I will consider uping the ante for the right rig...

Forrest Grumpy
post #5 of 30 Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Rock God

I would find something used on a lot and trade with a dealer. Even on a new one you will only owe a few grand and he can make the payments.
Good Luck Either way you go.

Best Two Guy's in the Buisness!
Jason at KOR

Marcus at RCO

Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Last edited by THIN ICE; 11-23-2011 at 07:58 PM.
post #6 of 30 Old 11-24-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIN ICE View Post
I would find something used on a lot and trade with a dealer. Even on a new one you will only owe a few grand and he can make the payments.
Good Luck Either way you go.
Yeah ... as much as I hate to step inside a stealership, I am considering it.

I was hoping someone might step forward with a nicely built 2dr or something ... I'm open to older models as long as there in good condition and reliable.

We're looking at a possible Rubi 2dr right now but its not for sure yet... still looking.

Anybody with an older YJ or something ... we're pretty open to all offers.

I would rather not have to work with a dealer if I can avoid it.

Forrest Grumpy
post #7 of 30 Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezfriday View Post

Yeah ... as much as I hate to step inside a stealership, I am considering it.

I was hoping someone might step forward with a nicely built 2dr or something ... I'm open to older models as long as there in good condition and reliable.

We're looking at a possible Rubi 2dr right now but its not for sure yet... still looking.

Anybody with an older YJ or something ... we're pretty open to all offers.

I would rather not have to work with a dealer if I can avoid it.
It's got to be a JK......

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #8 of 30 Old 11-24-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Bump

Have two offers to trade from two other sources...

One is a nice 2008 Rubicon but has a salvage title... though I am considering it none the less...

The other is a 2005 Rubicon 2dr slightly modded with a Smittybuilt snorkel...

Still keeping the door open...

Millage on my Porsche is considerably less than the newer vehicles being offered. Which doesn't really bother me but it gives an idea of the condition of the Porsche...

Nice car...

Fair trade...

Forrest Grumpy
post #9 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 12:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:

One is a nice 2008 Rubicon but has a salvage title... though I am considering it none the less...

Millage on my Porsche is considerably less than the newer vehicles being offered. Which doesn't really bother me but it gives an idea of the condition of the Porsche...

Nice car...

Fair trade...
The 08 Rubi and 5000= fair deal. Your son is going to need a PSC Cage, a good lift and DIRTY SEVENS!!!

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #10 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Pretty fair trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGGSTATUS View Post
The 08 Rubi and 5000= fair deal. Your son is going to need a PSC Cage, a good lift and DIRTY SEVENS!!!
Yeah though Jimmy's Mom isn't fond of the salvage title... especially in CA... but we'll see.

To be honest I would prefer one that already has some mods. Jimmy's in school a long way off and working a lot and I'm working my ass off these days. I've got another guy in LA considering a trade.

I think the Porsche will find a nice home soon... had to go out ... give it a hug ... and say goodbye... I haven't sold a car in 14 years.

Forrest Grumpy

Last edited by ezfriday; 11-25-2011 at 12:58 AM.
post #11 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Oops...

I'm sorry the 2008 Rubicon mentioned is for a 2008 Sahara not a Rubi.

Oops!

Still a possibility... haven't accepted any offers yet ...

Forrest Grumpy

Last edited by ezfriday; 11-25-2011 at 01:04 AM.
post #12 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Nice car...

Fair trade...
Isn't this a no brainer for an even trade plus MOPAR accessories at the dealershhip? I may have missed something in the previous posts but... Now that the MOPAR accessories are pretty much rebranded AEV acvessories, I would score a loaded 2012 JK full of goodies.

I mean, if this was a 100k car new and has low mileage... Aid they give you at least 50k trade in? I'm confused. Hell no would I trade for a higher mileage JK.

RENEGADE
post #13 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARB View Post
Isn't this a no brainer for an even trade plus MOPAR accessories at the dealershhip? I may have missed something in the previous posts but... Now that the MOPAR accessories are pretty much rebranded AEV acvessories, I would score a loaded 2012 JK full of goodies.

I mean, if this was a 100k car new and has low mileage... Aid they give you at least 50k trade in? I'm confused. Hell no would I trade for a higher mileage JK.
It would seem so but the going Kelly Blue Book price on many high end sports cars is not as high as you might think. KBB on my Porsche is around $24k ... sometimes you can fetch a higher price if the car is in good condition with low miles as is mine.

Also I really don't want any car payments I've been through the new car purchase process 5 times and I HATE IT! It's a pain in the butt! I find dealing direct with owners is a thousand times easier.

$24k value is a fair trade for a modded JK. Besides I just want a fair trade and get my boy into a nice rig so we can enjoy our Jeeps... I don't even mind paying a little more for the right rig.

When its all said and done I don't want to be left owing anything.

Unlikely I will find a used stealership with what I'm looking for anyway.

Forrest Grumpy

Last edited by ezfriday; 11-25-2011 at 03:03 AM.
post #14 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Porshe for an earlier model 2dr

Heck I might even trade for an earlier 2dr model with less Kelly Bullshit Value if it has all the right stuff. There are some nice rigs out there that KBB can't set a reasonable value on...

Like I said ... I'm just looking for a nice rig for my boy...

So... Got a decent rig you would like to trade... lets see it...

Forrest Grumpy
post #15 of 30 Old 11-25-2011, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Porsche ... Trade for Jeep

Bump...

Getting back on subject...

Still keeping the door open... nice trade ... $24k KBB value ... am getting offers but still looking ...

thx

ez

Forrest Grumpy
post #16 of 30 Old 11-26-2011, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Trade your Jeep for my Porsche

I've posted 2 videos on youtube of the Porsche

2v - YouTube

1v.m2ts - YouTube

Also more pictures at

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc449/ezfriday/

Forrest Grumpy
post #17 of 30 Old 11-26-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
New alarm system

Failed to mention ...

I put in a new $1000 Autopage alarm system less than a year ago... has optional GPS tracking service. Uses a radio frequency two way key fob ... means longer range and sends you a signal if the alarm is sounded.

Forrest Grumpy

Last edited by ezfriday; 11-26-2011 at 02:51 PM.
post #18 of 30 Old 11-26-2011, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
My Sahara ...

Thought I'd post a few pcs of my Sahara

I will miss the Porsche a lot. I've enjoyed owning it... but not nearly as much as I'm going enjoy the wheeling Jimmy and I are going to do together.

Don't expect to find one like mine but it would be nice... actually I would prefer to start with a Rubi platform than the Sahara like mine...

My Jeep Sahara:

Jimmy's Jeep... TBT ... to be determined ...

Forrest Grumpy
post #19 of 30 Old 11-26-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

2v - YouTube

1v.m2ts - YouTube

Also more pictures at

These videos were taken today ...

Forrest Grumpy
post #20 of 30 Old 11-26-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Still up for trade...

Went to a stealership today... What a joke! Two years ago I had been at the same dealership (Dublin, CA) ... they had an add running for what looked like a pre-owned, nicely modified 4dr JK. When I got there I was told that it had been taken to one of their other four lots but they would be happy to show me all the other Rubicons they had.

This time ... same thing ... they had a modified 4dr JK and ... when I got there they said it had been taken to another lot and I would not like it because it was not taken very good care of but they couldn't specify any specific problems with it. When I pressured them for where it was they couldn't or wouldn't say.

Damn bait & switch crap!

I really hate setting foot in dealerships... If I ever buy new again I will buy online or I won't buy at all!

As for the 2012 Wranglers... Talk about jumping right off the trail! What the hell were they thinking over at Jeep! Everything is color matched on the Rubicon's no more black fenders & tops ... so I was told ... While I like the new motor I'm not to pleased with the interior. It's like the luxury SUV's. I felt like I was sitting in a Jeep Escalade or something.

While it's nice that we now have power windows, the new appointments are definitely going to take some getting use to. I think I will stick with the earlier models.

They didn't have anything I was interested in...

Porsche is still up for trade...

Forrest Grumpy
post #21 of 30 Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Still looking...

Bump...

Forrest Grumpy
post #22 of 30 Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

2v - YouTube

1v.m2ts - YouTube

Also more pictures at

Keeping it out there...

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Forrest Grumpy
post #23 of 30 Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Possible TJ in the works

bump...

hoping for an automatic JK post 2007 preferably...

Forrest Grumpy
post #24 of 30 Old 11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Wheeler

possible trade?

I know I am near Washington D.C. , but it's for sale at a crazy good price- with an automatic! Plenty of room to customize it to your liking, too. I have it posted on jeep-classifieds.com

* It is not emissions ready for CA. It would take some catalytic converters, but for this price, you can do most anything you want.*

http://jeep-classifieds.com/37314_jeep-ad.html

My son is 11 and was hoping for this, but I am probably going to give him my 2007 unlimited, 6-speed manual...
post #25 of 30 Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I've been on the road for a couple days and haven't viewed the thread till now.

Your 97 is awesome!!!

However we may be in the process of a Jeep build/trade. We still have out hopes set on finding a JK though.

Thanks for your offer the build you've got on that is sweet
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Forrest Grumpy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode