Mounting Hardware for Rubicon Rock Rails - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Mounting Hardware for Rubicon Rock Rails

We were just given a pair of Rubicon Rock Rails (Mopar) without the mounting hardware for my 07 JK. Does anyone know of how I can the hardware that goes with it. I've done some searching on quadratec and mopars site and haven't found any yet.

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Granite Guru

I bought mine used with no mounting hardware. I found all of the bolts, nuts, etc... at Autozone.

I think they sell U-Nuts(Clip Nuts) 2 to a pack with bolts, You will need either 4 per side or 3 per side. You will also need 8 or 10, 10mm(head size) bolts. I think that is everything, been over a year since I installed them.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Wheeler

If you have an Ace Hardware nearby you can buy the bolts and the u clips there. I picked up a set too and got everything I needed at Ace. I also bought harder bolts.

Here are the sizes right out of the MOPAR Parts catalog, you will need four pairs of bolts and u nuts and four smaller nuts:

BOLT AND WASHER, Hex Head,M8X1.25X25.00
U-NUT, M8x1.25
NUT AND WASHER, Hex, M6X1.00

Two 8MM bolts hold the rails using the two 8mm u nuts. Get two 6mm nuts either with a washer or flanged. They hold the rails to the sills so you can securely mount the rails using the larger bolts.

So altogether you need four 8mm bolts, four 8mm u nuts and four 6mm nuts with a washer or a flange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode