Rear glass for a JK hard top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Rear glass for a JK hard top

So I messed up and broke my rear glass - anyone happen to have one laying around or know where I could get one cheaper than the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Granite Guru

I have heard that thing is like $600 - someone had one broken by a repair shop or something... WOW...

How did you break it...

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : 2" Rock Krawler Stackable Bumpstops F/R : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights

post #3 of 5 Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

I closed the garage door on it which would have just shut it if the tailgate was closed but the door hit the spare and then went back up and the glass caught on the door and shattered. At least it was me and not one of the kids. Took about 4 hours to clean up all of the glass from the garage and driveway. At least the garage is clean!

Dealer standard price is about $900. I'll get on the phone later today and try to find a deal or one in a junk yard.

2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

Bummer man - hope you find one...

Although, not sure the glass will close if the gate is closed - as the spare is in the way...

I have had the exact same thought go through my head when I look out to the garage and saw I left it open - sure hope someone doesn't push the magic button...

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : 2" Rock Krawler Stackable Bumpstops F/R : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights

post #5 of 5 Old 12-06-2010, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

I got after market glass for a decent price!

2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode